Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newbie - help needed re Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
Just trying to book first ever ski trip and have noticed what seems to be a great deal in Austria at Niederau. Can anyone advise whether they are suitable for a first ski trip. We have skied before but only at UK indoor snowdomes. I would love to know about the village, will it be lively week com 21- feb, apres ski facilities etc.

Many thanks in advance
Lindsey
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Niederau was the setting for my first ever ski trip. Admittedly this was back in February 1977...

However, at the time the resort was beautiful and very friendly, the snow was great and the nursery slopes perfect for an 8 year old beginner. I even managed the run back from the chairlift (Markbachjoch?) by the end of the week...

It should be perfect for you. Not sure if the week you have booked is half term or not but that will make a significant difference to how busy it is...

There is a lady on this forum who provides regular snow updates for Niederau and it's been looking great this season so far...

Welcome to snowHead btw...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kookie30, The Niederau snow update can be found here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46151#1117541
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went to Neiderau about 7 years ago its a great place to ski first time as its not too big. It will be quite in the evenings though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You have chosen an ideal resort to begin your snow adventures - also of importance is that this season has all the signs of being one of the best for many years-you will begin making turns in softer snow and not icy hardpack makes falling over less painful. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Kookie, we have skied Niederau for the past 5 years, most of my family have learnt to ski there as its perfect for beginners who don't want tons of nightlife. The ski schools are excellent, they have a fantastic reputation. The resort itself is small and friendly with a couple of disco's and a handful of apres ski bars that do get lively. The beauty of it is,

No ski bus to slopes, even if you are staying on the outskirts of the village it would be a 10 min walk. It may not seem important to you but if you are learning and aching thats good! Slopeside ski storage so no lugging of equiptment
Well prepared slopes, especially good for beginners with great English speaking instructors
Very friendly locals, as its small you will soon get to know many of them
Opportunity to go Tobogganing, sleighriding, watch the ski school night show(every week) and join in the race day and award ceromony.
Cave bar disco open till breakfast (although never could drink for that long)
Gorgeous scenery with plenty of places to eat on the mountain

I think the 21st will still be school holiday period for some but we have skiied there at this time and its not overly busy. We are off to Soll again this yr as my kids are better than me now and want something more challenging. Missing Niederau already but I will be back!!!!!!!! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Echo all the above - great place to start - and I was first there 1971 and 72 and then when we started skiing with our children that is where we went - for years and years - along with other places but we just loved going back there. Ski school is excellent, and it is very friendly and so pretty. And it was always so much cheaper than other places!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As above learned to ski there too (long time ago)
Great place for first or second week skiers
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy