Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere World Ski Championships: tips, sites, news [NB: May include results discussions]

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
rambotion wrote:
is there anywhere that we will be able to watch this on the internet?

try http://www.universalsports.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I tried that...........got a long countdown..........then advert about how milk is good for you by some bloke with black stripes under his eyes (USA football star?) then....wait for it........................message only available to the USA......

so we in europe have to pay..........usa get coverage for free................................Typical! Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had a great day today. Womens Super G was great to watch. Going on lifts is not a problem and all I had to do was download my invitiations and give them to those I was taking around. All worked very smoothly but you did have to get up early for the bus and come down earlier than planned. Next time we will take the cars, hope to find somewhere to park.

It was busy by the finish and around the competitors compound, but on the hills it was not to busy. If you are coming out to ski, it does not effect you that much unless you go near the racwe areas. Loads of snow everywhere so plenty of other options if you do not want to watch the races.

Going back again tomorrow for the mens race.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are there any other snowheads out here that fancy meeting up for a drink around lunch time or after skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Next race: the Men's Super G on the infamous Face de Bellevarde. Wednesday 11am local time.

The leading contenders previewed: International Herald Tribune

Diagram of the course: Val d'Isere 2009 official site
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To suggest that it would be daft that anyone other than Pranger or Herbst could win the SL smacks of someone who not wholly comfortable with what they're writing about. Grange may have skied out of Schladming, but my money would (probably) be on him on home snow, and Kostelic is always there or there abouts in the SL too.

No mention of Maier in the report either. I'd love to see him win the SG, he's taken one win in the WC this season, still heads the SG standings and looked pretty good in the tighter sections at Kitz.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also worth adding that Drake and Crawford of GBR will be competing, Drake going with bib 40 and Crawford a few racers later. snowHead Good luck to them! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
carroz wrote:
I tried that...........got a long countdown..........then advert about how milk is good for you by some bloke with black stripes under his eyes (USA football star?) then....wait for it........................message only available to the USA......

so we in europe have to pay..........usa get coverage for free................................Typical! Evil or Very Mad

Sorry to hear that, that's why I wrote "try" - I suspected it might be blocked outside the US, in the same way that the BBC iplayer is blocked outside Britain. Kind of makes a mockery of the "world wide web", but I guess it is down to the costs of broadcast rights.
Strangely, there is no TV coverage of World Cup ski-racing in the US, so that website is the only place to see it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Watching Iplayer & others outside the UK .

http://howgoodisthat.wordpress.com/2008/06/24/how-to-watch-bbc-iplayer-outside-of-the-uk/

ENJOY Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rjs wrote:
There has been plenty of hype on French TV.

Remarks aimed at UK terrestrial TV (particularly the BBC) rather than French, Austrian etc.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Am I the only one out here that is at the races. Thought there might have been others.

Anyway, another good day today. You could get right up to the fences to feel the speed of the guys as they went past. On the face, the speed was quite something. A few big crashes, it did seem more like a GS than a SG course and Bodie was very unhyappy afterwards. But the swiss guys had it nailed and really were letting rip. I had hoped to see one of the local French boys doing better, but not to be.

Tomorrow is a training day so will not be going, but hope to be there for the downhill races at the weekend.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowcrazy, a couple of guys posting in the snowSports section were saying that they'd been (and thoroughly enjoyed it).

Here's a video I've found of Chemmy pre-World Championships. No idea of its origin, but found it on the website of a San Francisco newspaper... Puzzled

Chemmy Vid (Source: San Francisco Chronicle)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy