Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone else looking for ski buddies in Feb?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there - just found this site in my search for some snow buddies for 21/22 Feb, or at a push 8 Feb. I had a couple of real late bargain options lined up for Morzine or Saint Foy (luxury chalet at a budget price) with friends who, for various reasons, can’t now go Sad

I’m a 40 something intermediate female, looking for a relaxed fun week – not sure if I’m in the right place here, as there seems to be a lot of advanced guys and off piste powder hounds around, but I thought I’d give it a bash.

So anyone out there also looking for buddies at that time? I’m up for the organising (done most of the hard work already) or if there’s room for a little one on your trip, give us a shout. Thanx.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 26-01-09 22:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rookie Headette, there are a few steel bun'd fresh-tracks fiends here . . . and they're nice guys . . we respect them . . we also think that they're complete nutters wink

The huge majority of us are 'striving to be better' intermediate snow abusers who's sole desire is a "relaxed fun week" so welcome to the melange, you are in the 'Right Place' Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I’m a 40 something intermediate female, looking for a relaxed fun week – not sure if I’m in the right place here, as there seems to be a lot of advanced guys and off piste powder hounds around, but I thought I’d give it a bash.

Don't worry on that score..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing The off piste powder hounds just take better pictures than the rest of us middle aged (or worse) potterers.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rookie Headette, I should have said welcome to Snowheads. snowHead Are you stuck on those dates? People heading for French resorts would tend to try to avoid the crowded four weeks of the French school hols, starting 7 February.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rookie Headette, I run a chalet based in Sainte Foy and we're quite happy to accommodate singles. Check us out at http://www.whiteroomchalet.com
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the warm welcome, I’m pretty much stuck on those dates as I’m already going on another trip to Val Thorens on 21 March*, and I really do need to do some work inbetween. I’m not stuck on France, it’s just that I can easily get to either Chambery and Geneva from Newcastle.

Pam W: Thanks for the support, and I think you’ll find that’s middle youth wink

Stevomcd: I’ll PM you – see, sounds like I know what I’m doing!

* Hopefully. Having a mini saga that’s got a certain Ed Bremner Fiasco similarity about it; birthday boy in annual group chooses VT, booked November thru independent travel agent who then goes bust, TO doesn’t know how to handle, I want to pay balance on due date Jan 9, they won’t take my money, still. Assured it’s still reserved, website shows hotel now full, bounced around phonelines daily to no avail. Watch this space, though not a 13 pager I feel (hope?!)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Rookie - I'm planning a solo trip on 7/8th Feb if you are looking for a roomie - late 30s intermediate looking for a big resort with some nightlife. Was thinking of hitting Val D'Isere again - 2nd week of World Championship there that week which means the pistes will be relatively quiet (for the first week of french holidays anyway). There are some great deals out there for some really nice chalets in other big resorts too. PM me if you are interested.

Sare
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Rookie, Hi Sarep, hi Pam

Am a 50 something intermediate female skier keen to join a group. Also looking for relaxed fun week Have seen a really good offer for 1st feb for 1 week to Courcheval 1650 - big catered chalet , bar on ground floor, right opposite the ski lifts.

If not could possibly make 8th Feb

Anyone interested?

email me maggiesmith77@hotmail.com
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Sarep and Maggie

7/8th Feb is proving too tight for me for work now, but thanks a lot for getting back to me.

I'm pretty much stuck on the w/c 21/22 Feb - I'm looking to put together a mixed group, but you're all proving very shy wink Anyone out there interested? Come on, you know you want to.......
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi
Sorry but I cannot make 21/22 Feb

Good luck with your trip

Maggie
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Rookie Headette,

I'm looking for a trip w/c14 or 21 Feb after usual ski buddy cried off sick this year.
Mid 30's intermediate male. Usually head for Austria or Italy but happy to go elsewhere - especially if someone else is doing the planning! - so if you're putting a group together I'd be interested.
Stuart
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Stu - I'll PM you some details, see what you think.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi there,

I'm looking for a group/buddies for the half term week 14/02.
Anybody knows anything?
I'm 47, intermediate but keen skier.
Emi
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I may be up for something.... am going away in the first week of March but fancy a mid Feb trip. Am getting more into off piste and parks these days, been skiing for 12 weeks, happy to try most things, have own avi gear.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi,

How you getting on ? I'm looking to go on 21st Feb, and just been let down gently by a friend . It wold be good to hear if you've sorted anything out.

Vicky
latest report
Vicky, Scarpa,
I found one lady to come with me and we are about to book with Hucksterslodge for their Bovec Slovenia option.

http://www.hucksterslodge.com/special-offers/index.php

Or if not, planning of driving to Serre Chevalier and staying in a self-catering apartment there.

If you are interested please let me know - the more the merrier.
ski holidays
Rookie Headette, If I fail to find a buddy for the 7th, might be the 21st for me too, North East, where would you fly from?
snow conditions
Just to clarify - I am going during the half term week - 14/02.
ski holidays
KaiH - preferably from Newcastle -Easyjet (Geneva) or Jet2 (Chambery) or Leeds Bradford (also Jet2 Chambery) but the departure airport isn't really important - it's much easier to co-ordinate best fit flights for arrival French side, to match with transfers, that way UK location is not a bar to anyone joining in. I'm now aiming for a short break leaving 21 Feb - see other thread titled Skiing 21-28 Feb started by Jules skier.
snow report
 davidmtaylor
davidmtaylor
Hi
Just come onto this site and found you have a lot of interest for the 21st February. Have you arranged anything yet?
I am in late "middle youth!" and want to ski that week. Would prefer Austria (and there must be flights to Salzburg from Newcastle) - it's supposed to be cheaper than France as well as avoiding the French school holidays - but not too fussy, just want to ski!
Please let me know
David
david@e-Felstead.net
ski holidays
Hey all, I'm looking to get away anytime 21st Feb - 27th March so if anyone needs an additional relaxed male, early 20's, intermed/advanced (all piste + getting to grips w/ powder) give me a shout. raffs101@hotmail.co.uk

Ben
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy