Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men's Downhill from Kitzbuhel on BBC Red Button now

Poster: A snowHead
Live coverage of the Men's Downhill from Kitzbuhel on BBC Red Button now.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Channel 302 not 301 as I mentioned on the Tennis thread earlier
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Who the hell is that commentator? I'd turn the sound off but then you lose atmosphere. He's driving me mad. Clearly doesn't know a thing.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I only get a bed button when there's physically one on the screen - can't find it at all, and will have to wait until later on Sky I guess. Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Who the hell is that commentator? I'd turn the sound off but then you lose atmosphere. He's driving me mad. Clearly doesn't know a thing.

You wouldn't want to sit next to him at dinner would you! It's the dullest commentary I've heard in a long time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Unfortunately David Vine did not establish a School of Ski Commentators in his lifetime, but perhaps one could be established in his memory.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Radio Swiller, how about giving us a live feed of your own, to listen to while we watch the box?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, andhalfhand, thanks for the heads-up. Defago's on a roll. Excellent camera work - made me realise how ferociously difficult it was to get the grip to make some of those turns.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I agree withBode Swiller, and rob@rar, he was crap, it's the biggest race of the season and some unknown in the box not good BBC!!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bug just missed it
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller wrote:

Is it usually that bad on the BBC? I usually watch Eurosport who have excellent commentary, so was surprised to hear long chunks of silence followed by a time check where the commentator said "good going" or something like that. I reckon that there is a new career waiting for me.......I can manage to say that every so often Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And when he wasn't silent he thought he'd better fill in the gaps... "and now it's the turn of the young Slovenian, from Slovenia. 22, and that's young for a young Slovenian who has been a feature of the Slovenia-based Slovenian team for just a couple of years. Ooooooh, a slip there, he obviously doesn't like ice does the young Slovenian, whose parents are both Slovenian by the way...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
He got it wrong a fair bit too and it was quite painful to listen to the 'filling' whilst the course was being reset after the crash. Surely the BBC can do better than that...?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Radio Swiller, if you recorded it, send any howlers to Private Eye for the 'Colemanballs' feature.

You'll get a cheque for any published quotes, and it could lead to a career move for the commentator.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hmm. I am not the BBC's greatest fan - but I thought the coverage was good. With the helicopter shots it was almost better than being there - and, once the racer has been identified, perhaps with brief comment on form, the rest of the comment is pretty irrelevant, no matter who is commentating - we can see for ourselves what is happening. OK - some expert comment on why a particular pitch is tricky may be welcome, but overall I enjoyed the coverage. I started watching after the crash - sorry to read about that.
latest report
achilles, All the good camera work wasn't the work of the BBC. The 'tator hadn't even learned the names of the different parts of the course, he attempted to display a bit of technique knowledge when he clearly didn't have any (describing Greunenfelder as "Old School" for example) and I can only assume that the producer thought that very few would hit the red button today. Over on Eurosport you get the excellence of John Clark. He adds another layer to it.
snow report
Bode Swiller, yes, I did notice (and wonder at) the 'Old School' comment. I guess the criticism is fair - though I was so engrossed in the racing, I didn't really notice the commentary much.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:

During the break after the crash he even missed the opportunity to do the "there's Franz Klammer" as the camera panned around the spectators.......... Confused
latest report
Couldn't fault the camera work. The Mausefalle and Steilhang looked scarily steep (not quite as scary as standing at the edge looking over, I took the 'family route' instead!) and the aerial shots really conveyed the speed of the racers. Lots of famous faces in the crowd at the bottom too, most of which the commentator failed to name...
snow report
Speed gun at the start was great - 0 to 70kph in an about 3.5 secs.

That really illustrates how fast these guys are skiing
ski holidays
I missed it because I was trying to attach some new ski racks which normally would annoy me but because the commentator seems to have been as bad as last week it doesn't seem quite as bad Very Happy

Did anything extraordinary occur this year that will be missed in tomorrow's Ski Sunday? (Assuming that 90% of the race will be passed over of course)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy