Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Snow Train

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to make sense of the Rail Europe website. There are three different trains. Have I managed to interpret the site correctly?

The Snow Train from London. This offers couchettes between Paris and the Alps. I guess you have to change in Paris. Presumably there is Eurostar London to Paris - can you upgrade this bit to be fed?

The Eurostar + Ski train. Why does this differ from (1) above?

The Eurostar Direct Ski Train. This seems to be a seat all the way from London to the Alps.

Very confused... ???
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
James the Last, you can knife and fork your own trip - taking the Eusrostar to Paris, and then the TGV to the Alps. Works for France. Not good for Switzeralnd.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
James the Last, you think it's confusing now. There used to be a couchette from Calais.

We've done this topic quite regularly. The way to go is Eurostar to Paris. Then have a meal across the road from the Gare du Nord. Then take the overnight train.

I disagree with achilles. An early Eurostar to Paris and a change to the Gare de Lyon for TGV to Swizerland can get you to places as fine as Zermatt. It could take you 12 hours, but what the hell. I've done it twice.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, sadly for those of us that don't live close to London getting anywhere other than the French alps via the train is now a major and expensive route, there is apparently no longer even a night train from Paris to Basle so unless you can get one of the first Eurostars in the morning to Paris if you want to go to Switzerland by train you are stuffed. Either you have to overnight in London or in Paris which in many ways defeats the object of going by train which was to get more time on the slopes (coming back is just as bad by the way)

If you are going to the French alps you can take the limited no of Eurostars all the way through and have a seat, or you could take the snow train which connects at the same station as the Eurostar and I believe has a bar or you can take the ski train down which is slightly different as you have a wider choice of destinations and I think may require you to change stations in Paris
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D G Orf, fair point.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy