Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who is likely to be out at Serre Chevalier 7-21 March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I might go out to Serre Chavalier with a mate for a week skiing - hopefully quite a bit off-piste during the period 7-21 March. If we do it would be nice to meet up with snowheads not only socially, but also, possibly, to share guide costs. Is anybody expecting to be out there during those dates? I know 14-21 are supposed to be the MSB dates - but as nothing has yet shown up on the forum, I am getting twitchy about booking transport, so we may have to knife and fork our own holiday.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
achilles, shame, we would have been out there for those two weeks, but sadly no longer will be. Jules would have been pleased to join you for a bit of guiding.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm out in Serre for 5 weeks from March 7th - one week from March 22 have two mates coming out and we'll be getting a guide, but prior to that will be up for other stuff - I know quite a few guides, (do their websites www.peras.se www.jonatanhulten.com ) though two of my mates are away for some of the time I'm out, but Jonatan will be around, I'm just back from a long weekend with him in Alpe D'Huez ( see photos in snow reports).........

I do a fair bit of touriing both either snowboard or skis - I'll also have my van out with me so means we can be more flexible in some of the trips leaving one van in a valley ete etc

I've been doing La Grave etc for the past ten years and SC / ADH / DA / M'gen / Clav / Nevache etc etc so get in contact if you want

What is MSB ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont, if I do go I shall be thinking of you guys - it would have been real fun meeting up with you. I do so hope Jules continues to imporove.

Weathercam, thanks for the response. To be dead honest with you if you're up for serious touring, I'm probably not fit enough to keep up with you for a week - though the odd day out could be fun. I certainly enjoy skiing at La Grave down the standard routes - but I'll give the couloirs a miss. I'm in my 60s and I'm not as fit as I should be - though I am doing something about that. If this trip works out, I'll drop you a PM (that way you can say 'no' nicely wink )

What's the MSB? Mid-Season Bash. For the last two years held at Wengen in March, and organized by admin.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Achilles no problemo...........the week my mates come out will be the harder stuff, all depends what's the better option(s), then I'm on my own with my dear lady (57) who is not into couloirs and the like and the more intense stuff, she boards so the traverses in La Grave she's not too fond of............that said she doesn't mind the odd trek or half day tour to get to nice open powder bowls and the like, similar maybe to your goodself, so keep in touch..............

My recent Alpe D'Huex jaunt http://www.gavinbaylis.com/alpedhuez.htm was classic in what you can do with a guide and never veer to far from a piste and yet have superb untracked in safe conditions.[/url]
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam, thanks - will certainly keep in touch. I don't mind steep generally. The coulior thing stems form a session in Triffide1 at La Grave, where I had nor business to be for my skill level at the time. Thought there was a good chance of dying or becoming a paraplegic. Spooked me at the time - and the memory lingers. Maybe I should be less concerned now - after all, I like tree skiing - and I have to get the turns right for those. Don't think I'll be volunteering for Triffide in a hurry, though. Fitness would be a worry, though. I have done a week's touring - so I know what's involved. But last year a hard day's skiing, which included quite a lot of ascent (though on Alpine skis) going over the back of St Anton's Rendl flaked me by the end of the day - and I also had ascent problems during last year's MSB (mind you, the ascent was worth it). I have problems getting enough time free to keep fit - but that's about to change, I hope.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maybe
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy