Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Full English Breakfast in St Anton!?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Going to St Anton in a couple of weeks time and I am wondering if anyone here knows of anywere in St Anton that does a decent full english? Been skiing about 5 times before and I am sick to death of the continental breakfast. Its ok for a couple of days but occasionally need a full english or a bacon butty.

Is there anywhere in St Anton?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think there's a transport caff on the road on the way in. You'll notice the Union Flag flying outside it. You'll even get builder's tea there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dude, your on your hols, make like the romans for God's sake. British food and Eastenders, is it any surprise that Brits abroad on hols are avoided like the plague??

rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yeh i know Smile But continental breakfast does get boring for a whole week! Ill venture on down and see if I can find that transport Cafe.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fair enough - be sure to act all mortally insulted and empirey if the bangers aint pucker British now wont you wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's called Rose's transport caff. There's always a line of UK HGV drivers parked outside it - sometimes hundreds at a time; she's such a magnet, sometimes the entire resort is shut for days. She also sells nice bitter and Marmite and can be relied upon for a rousing chorus of God Save the King on the hour, every hour.

She imports organic Gloucester Old Spot bacon from a farm outside Norwich, and her tomato ketchup is made from tomatoes grown in Scotland.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
James the Last, Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski888, what hotel are you staying at? Most of them will gladly fry you some bacon (streaky mind you), fry an egg and give you some frankfurter type sausage. Not quite the full English but close enough surely. Failing that there's a fast food place on the left quite near the Galzigbahn
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski888, are you going to Costa del St Anton or St Anton am Arlberg?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anton cafe at the bottom of the galzig lift does good bacon & eggs!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
you could always skip the st anton holiday and come up to scotland for a week....

or... you could get a grip and eat what the locals eat!

Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So everyone jumping down Ski888 throat have never asked about where they can watch the football or rugby?
Or tried to find a pint of Guinness?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jagerbull, good point, well made. You're not going to broaden your horizons much in a ski resort anyway, whatever you eat for brekkie.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jagerbull wrote:

you took that one step too far!!!

wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

So everyone jumping down Ski888 throat have never asked about where they can watch the football or rugby?

Worthless comparison since a game of football or rugby, or whatever sporting event, is a one off that is not going to happen again or be waiting for you at home (unless you recorded it in which case you won't be asking to watch it)...
Unlike english breakfast that no doubt the OP will be able to have in his plate about 300+ days a year...

I sympathise with people I know doing a season in Austria asking me to bring in bacon/brown sauce/marmitte/magazines etc. I have been living "abroad" for the last 12 years and stock up on "home" products everytime I go back...

But not being able to live one week without an english breakfast while on holiday is a bit sad...

And the saddest thing perhaps is that the OP is not even there..Not leaving home for another 2 weeks and already worried about being bored of local food.....

And welcome to SnowHeads! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
richmond, You can go virtually a whole week without seeing anything British if you go to the right place.
I've been to Solden, Ischgl and Saalbach and rarely have I heard a British voice.
But I do try to pick places that has a lowish Brit/Aussie count - that's why St Anton is never on my radar,
ski holidays
God, I only wish i could do all the good continental breakfast stuff....croissant, pain au chocolat, cheese...but baby number two has given me dreadful indigestion. Have to make do with boiled egg and dry toast. Know this doesn't help you but I hate the French take of a British breakfast (streaky bacon, frankfurter etc), but we stayed in a Crystal chalet hotel in ADH last year and their cooked breakfast was fab...proper British bacon and sausages...even hash browns (unfortunately have to have limited intake due to said indigestion). Good luck in your hunt...!
latest report
Jagerbull wrote:
No, I never have - but perhaps I'm a bit wierd.
The place in Chamonix where I was a week ago did bacon, sausage and scrambled egg (though the egg had a strange consistency and not much flavour - we wondered if it was made from dried egg but it was supposed to be a posh place so seemed incongruous if so. Everything worked with a card, which really annoyed me - including the ski room doors and lifts.)
latest report
Quote:

even hash browns

Surely that's heresy?! Toofy Grin

I thought hash browns were an american addition... Smile
snow report
Jagerbull wrote:
richmond, You can go virtually a whole week without seeing anything British if you go to the right place.
I've been to Solden, Ischgl and Saalbach and rarely have I heard a British voice.

Very likely, but a ski hol is not normally a mind broadening experience, and that is not usually its main purpose. Even if you don't here Brit voices, you probably hear Dutch, German, Swedish, Japanese, Australian and God knows what else as well as Austrian, so you should eat rawfish or something for brekkers (and very nice it would be too).
snow report
Jagerbull wrote:

never ever, sorry to spoil your attempted smugness bud, I can do all that at home, anytime. when you're out you're out. Each to their own of course, I would just feel i was wasting my holiday and potentially discovering something new and different
ski holidays
I just dunk my wurst in my jagertee for breakfast
ski holidays
barry, what is there to do after skiing in your average ski resort that is so notably more interesting than watching rugby (assuming that you quite enjoy watching rugby, of course)
snow report
barry, I agree with you.
I wasn't trying to be smug.
Just trying to question to responses to a new forum member's first post.
snow conditions
If you stay in one of the higher end Hotels (St Antonhof, Hotel Alte Post, Hotel Post ) they do Eggs, Bacon etc on the buffet & if not you can ask for it.

You may give yourself health holiday/favour by having a light continental breakfasts rather than a fat busting cholesterol breakfast Very Happy
snow conditions
Bacon and eggs are available on request in the excellent Hotel Schindler, to complement the other breakfast goodies on offer.

If you want the ultimate healthy breakfast, the cafeteria at Sunshine (Banff) does the ever popular 'Eye opener', aka the 'Artery closer', a bagel with large amounts of cheese, bacon, sausage and an egg in it. It's supposed to have tomato as well, but for obvious health reasons, we avoided that.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 23-01-09 16:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
richmond wrote:
the cafeteria at Sunshine (Banff) does the ever popular 'Eye opener', aka the 'Artery closer', a bagel with large amounts of cheese, bacon ,sausage and an egg in it.

i've had one of those... but i think i needed it as a hangover cure. It's out of context on this thread though, because the canadians actually eat that sh*t the same as we do - so, we were actually eating the same as the locals.

Surely there must be an austrian equivalent. Very Happy
ski holidays
richmond wrote:
Bacon and eggs are available on request in the excellent Hotel Schindler, to complement the other breakfast goodies on offer.

Excellent. I like a full English breakfast given the choice.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
barry wrote:
dude, your on your hols, make like the romans for God's sake. British food and Eastenders, is it any surprise that Brits abroad on hols are avoided like the plague??

rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

Dude, are you able to find rusks on the menu when you're away sliding? Wouldn't want your teething to be interrupted!
ski holidays
What a waste of time - muesli bars and a can of isostar in the gondola = maximum ski time -good for the hangover also Very Happy
ski holidays
PJSki wrote:
barry wrote:

Dude, are you able to find rusks on the menu when you're away sliding? Wouldn't want your teething to be interrupted!

pog mo thoin amadan
latest report
Jagerbull wrote:
barry, I agree with you.
I wasn't trying to be smug.
Just trying to question to responses to a new forum member's first post.

fair dues jager, you're like the Bankee Moon of snowheads wink
latest report
richmond wrote:
barry, what is there to do after skiing in your average ski resort that is so notably more interesting than watching rugby (assuming that you quite enjoy watching rugby, of course)

get a girlfriend and find out
snow report
barry wrote:
PJSki wrote:
barry wrote:

pog mo thoin

Not tonight, Darling, I have a headache.
snow conditions
PJSki wrote:
richmond wrote:

Excellent. I like a full English breakfast given the choice.

Are you going to stay in the Schindler?
ski holidays
barry wrote:
richmond wrote:

get a girlfriend and find out

a) fat chance; and
b) the OL would have something to say ('probably, 'Fat chance.'.)
c) on ski hols, that's usually the only bit of me that isn't stiff.

Anyway, you shouldn't be doing that (unless you find a girlfriend in resort, I suppose); you can do it at home.
snow report
I never have an English breakfast at home - it is something exotic to do on holiday, if they happen to have it on offer.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy