Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dumping en Ecosse - trip w/e 24/25th Jan. (MiniSnowHeadsScotlandbash?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
paulio wrote:
roga, you lucky, awful, bastard. Have a good time man. Skiing and a proper Burns Night. I'm seething green here. When I'm tucking into my bucket of snails, I'll be thinking of haggis.

Enjoy the snails, I'll try not to think about them whilst tucking into my haggis Wink
paulmck wrote:
Any of you lot fancy a midweeker in a couple of weeks time?

Unfortunately midweek trips are difficult for me outside of school hols and I'm away in Tignes over Feb half term. Good idea though, quieter slopes and last year some of the best and sunniest weather was midweek - actually Monday and Tuesday this coming week are looking like good days with some sun.

II, you away at the moment?

RachelQ, Happy Brthday, sorry you can't make it but have a god 'un Very Happy

kitenski wrote:
roga, good luck hope you get some skiing in, Sunday looks very snowy!

Thanks, we'll try to have a good time Toofy Grin
jcat wrote:
roga, I'll be hitting Glencoe tomorrow all going well, never been there or the Lecht before so am broadening my horizons!!! I am so-o-o goshdarned excited!!! Cya there!!!

Cool, c'ya there - give us a shout via PM if you wanna meet up and I'll send you my mobile number Very Happy

lynseyf, ditto the above Toofy Grin

Elizabeth B, sorry to hear that but maybe see you another time up there.

queen_sheba, any joy with finding a lift?

Well, I'll be off at around 10PM, up to Cheltenham then meeting up with my lift and his other half then straight up north - apparently there's been loads more snow, Nevis are talking about 18" of fresh on top of the already good base in the last day or so which in new money I calculate is 45cm, Glencoe must be similar - not bad snowHead

I need to do some waxing now and chuck some stuff in a bag then I'm ready for the off Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roga, I hate you I hate you I hate you.
I'd be up there now if I hadn't ripped a railway line apart earlier this month and felt compelled to put it back this weekend and next.
II, Elizabeth B, stay in touch - would be good to meet up like you suggest.
Kruisler, For those in London/SE, the sleeper is the only way to go. Have a look at www.seat61.com for more info. It's as good as train travel gets in this country, and waking up in the morning to see the snow covered moors on the West Highland line as you sweep through places like Ardlui and Rannoch is one of the most spine-tingling experiences on the modern railway. Even the names of the stations make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Say them to yourself when no-one else can hear, "Crianlarich, Lower Tyndrum, Loch Awe, Falls of Cruachan (or something), Bridge of Orchy, Rannoch". Ooh!
The only trouble is getting from Fort William to Glencoe without a car. I believe there's a bus to Nevis from the station, and certainly you can get up to Cairngorm form Aviemore by bus. I suppose you could get out at Bridge of Orchy and get a cab to Glencoe, or hitch. It isn't all that far.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
paulmck wrote:
roga, I hate you I hate you I hate you.

Now, now, I know you don't really mean it Laughing

Had a great time, snow at the Coe on Saturday was superb and great lines to be had all over the mountain.

Sunday we went to Nevis and although the visibility was low and the winds high we had a good time and skied to gone 4PM. Highlight of the day though (this is for you Paulio Toofy Grin ) was at lunchtime when they piped in the haggis and did the whole Burns thing, clip on You Tube here. I then ate some haggis, neeps and tatties, drank some whiskey and thought of Paulio and his snails Laughing

Great weekend only saddened by the loss of the three climbers on Saturday.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If anyone is interested I've put up a load of photos from the weekend here if you want to have a look.

Most are from Glencoe, visibility wasn't so good at Nevis on the Sunday so not so many piccies from there, as s*ds law would have it though Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week have been pretty much blue sky days which must have been even more amazing given the brilliant snow that's up there at the moment (I'd say it was better at the Coe than in St Anton at Xmas!)!

Take note of the Haggis and especially the Apres Ski Curry - very nice it was Very Happy

Had a brilliant time and am still buzzing from it now snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, Neil Neige,

Thanks for the info guys..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy