Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Strange boot problem

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I have an odd boot problem and was wondering if any experts could help me. I'll give you some background first....I bought the boots (tecnica diablo flames) in profeet about 2 years ago, they came with custom footbeds. The guy in the shop did some boot canting, although i think this just means cuff alignment? After the first week skiing with them i had them blown out around the sixth toe area, the right blowout was massive, pretty sure it was a mistake by the guy in profeet, but i didnt know any better at the time. I have skied them around 60 days and have always been in some pain, usually cramp in my sole, my instep hurts when i clamp the boots tight for bumps etc and still pain in my right sixth toe area (maybe the blowout was too far back). They then developed this strange problem. When I flex into my right boot it feels as if my right foot is turned inwards (ie pointing to the left), it makes initiating a right turn hard and sometimes a have the feeling that i might actually twist/break my ankle! I took them to a shop in verbier and the owner fitted a butterfly shaped piece of hard foam around the ankle area of the liner area to stop any movement in the shell. He also removed all of the white supportive material from the footbed, and placed a rubber heel lift on the cork board. He told me that should alleviate the cramping. Anyway the upshot of this is that the modifications to the footbed have made no difference, my ankle is now more snug but now the back of the cuff is further from my calf (more so now that i have lost the adjustable spoilers), but it still feel as if my right foot turns inwards when i flex my right boot. Should i just throw the boots away and start again? any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

btw my right foot can fit into a boot one shell size down, but my left cant without agony.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
sixth toe area

Did you mean that? Shocked

I've never used Profeet, but don't they have the same lifetime guarantee thing (lifetime of product they sold you, as opposed to your lifetime) as Surefoot? If they do, then keep going back till they get it right. They're not exactly cheap, and 2 years (30 days a year skiing? Jammy devil) of pain is not what you paid for.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I meant the small part at the widest point of my forefoot by my pinky (bootfitters seem to call it the "sixth toe"). About profeet, to be honest i dont really have any confidence in them, like you say they are expensive and 60 days of pain is unacceptable (my brother bought boots from them, had them make loads of adjustment, he teaches each season in verbier and never had a good fit) and im not sure they would touch the boots after the modifications ive had. Just wondering if there is anything I can do myself with the boot, i dont have the instruction manual coz profeet threw it away, the problem with my foot turning inwards is really perplexing. Any help?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skifluff, if you don't want to go back to Profeet, might I suggest a visit to CEM In Bicester. www.solutions4feet.co.uk
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From reading all the testimonials CEM will definetly be the guy I go to when i get some new boots for next year (doing a season!). I dont really want to spend anymore on these boots (too soft, too short cuff, bad shell fit) so cant really justify going to bicester (also i dont drive). Is there a some temporary fix so i can use them for their last 15 days or so this season? Specifically does anyone know how to adjust the "dual canting" on these boots or have a pdf manual? ive looked everywhere to no avail
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skifluff wrote:
so cant really justify going to bicester (also i dont drive). Is there a some temporary fix so i can use them for their last 15 days or so this season? Specifically does anyone know how to adjust the "dual canting" on these boots or have a pdf manual? ive looked everywhere to no avail

Skifluff - no problem not driving! There is a very convenient, regular train service from Marylebone to Bicester, and CEM's place is just a 5 or 10 min walk from the station.

Don't suffer on for the rest of the season, get sorted now and you're all set for next season then snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy