Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica supercharger enforcers: changed over years?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just looking at some enforcers on ebay after a lot of reviews for the new ones sound pretty cool and more or less exactly what i'm looking for in a ski. However, the ones for sale have a devil/monster type graphic (below) so i'm assuming they're an older model. Does anyone know what year these are and whether they're actually any differnet to the new ones. Cheers.

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They are 07/08.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, that's what i thought. Do you know if they're actually any different to the new ones though?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
el nombre, the only difference I can remember reading about is that the new one has a flat tail compared to the weird turned up shape on the 07.08. Someone else probably has more info with regards to any other changes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What do you mean by weird? Is it not just a standard semi twin tip sort of thing?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
el nombre, no, really sharp short turn up. Quite high, also.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
el nombre, I've just bought a pair of those after testing them against Black Crow Navis, Volkl Mantra (and earlier Liberty Hazmat and Head Mojo 90s). They were amazing. The model for this year does not have a twin tip.

The ski above is not a symetrical twin, the rear is slightly smaller and it turns up a little more abruptly than the front. This seems to allow you to get plenty of feel and pop from the rear in tight turns but still be able to ski switch.

My thoughts...
Black Crow Navis – 175.7cm, 20m radius, sidecut 133-103-124

This ski simply blew me away. For a fairly fat ski it handled moguls well and didn’t seem to require any extra effort to get it over onto the edge. Actually, it could turn on a sixpence and rapid changes of direction off piste were a doddle. At speed on the groomed piste it held it’s line well, yet it cut though frozen crud and boiler plate as if it wasn’t there. The ski does require commitment and you need to keep the aggression levels up a touch to get the best from it. The only downside to me was it’s weight (just over 5kg a pair). This meant that by the end of the day when I was feeling tired I had to concentrate on my lines quite a bit… this ski likes some forceful input. A more accomplished skier than myself who likes gnarly couloirs would find this ski perfect.

Nordica Enforcer - 177cm, 19m radius, sidecut 135-98-125

What can I say? To sum it up… delightful!!! I hadn’t put this one down on my list to try but this was the one ski which seemed to cope with every condition and then leave you with a wide ear to ear grin at the bottom of a run. I managed to get in a whole series of moguls in a nice straight line, then carve at speed down hard groomers, then take on bumpy tight steeps through trees and with every turn the ski seemed to be lending a helping hand. The twin tip tail brought the ski around a turn with minimal effort and absorbed jump landings perfectly. It was a little more forgiving than the Navis which meant that when you were tired you could relax a touch and it wouldn’t catch you out. I actually managed to make several consecutive turns skiing backwards on this model… it also flicks round with minimal effort when you want to change back.

Volkl Mantra - 177cm, 20.3m radius, sidecut 133-96-116

I can’t really say anything bad about this ski but I just didn’t enjoy skiing it at all. OK… fast carved turns were fantastic but the stiffer flex didn’t work for me in tight spaces, and on the moguls and steeps the semi straight tail seemed to catch and hold the turn for too long thus preventing me from making sudden direction changes. Not having a proper twin tipped configuration also caused a slight problem in a steep section of bumps and trees. I had attempted to reverse a bit to make room for a turn after taking a look at a possible line, and one tail jammed into a mound of soft snow and neatly tipped me over. Probably it needed a heavier or more aggressive skier than myself to get the most out of it... for me though it just didn’t work.

So what did I choose? The Enforcer twin. It just hits every nail I have right on the head. Some may prefer a longer radius for stability in powder, but in my opinion that would limit the ski for use in bumps and for messing about in the park. How a 98mm waisted ski can be so quick and playful on the groomed piste is simply beyond me. A true one quiver ski.

A very close second (such a difficult choice it was too) was the Navis. Maybe in a few years when I can get the most out of them I may get a pair. I’d be happy to ski on these any day though.

Lifted from ski shop sites...

With the smallest width in the Nordica Freeride Supercharger series, the Enforcer gives expert skiers enough sidecut for cutting turns on hardpack, crud and groomers--but this is still a ski that's all about control in untracked snow. Nordica gave this ski their proven Energy Frame TI construction but refined the shape with a distinct tip design that maximizes control above deep snow. The result is a powder ski that turns easy and goes exceptionally fast through the steep backcountry terrain. The Enforcer stands apart from the Jah Love and the Blower because it has a significantly shorter sidecut, something you'll appreciate in a big way if you're looking for a comfortable line down the mountain among the holiday crowd. If you're an expert skier who prefers powder over all terrain but can't afford to heliski on every vacation, the Nordica Enforcer takes you where you want to go without compromises in freeride performance.

A wide all-terrain ski specifically developed for advanced and expert skiers who prefer untracked powder and broken crud, but sometimes hit groomed runs and hardpack
Binding not included
Nordica Energy Frame TI construction
Sidecut dimensions (tip/waist/tail in mm.): 135/98/125
Sintered graphite UHMW Electra Gallium base
Turn radius for 169-cm. length ski (in m.): 17 m.
Turn radius for 177-cm. length ski (in m.): 19 m.
Turn radius for 185-cm. length ski (in m.): 21 m.
Wood core
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers for that, had actually already read that which is part of the reason why i'm looking for a set. Just had a closer look at the description on the bay though and they're ex rentals with goober rental bindings and they're basically £300 which i don't think is really worth it. Anyone know where else i may be able to lay my hands on a pair (preferably uk or france)? Having real trouble locating them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
el nombre, I'm sure SZK has a few pair left in Cham. I can't emphasise how much I loved this ski. If you can't get your grubby mitts on a pair try the Navis... they were very close in terms of feel.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does anyone know if these are the same as the ones above apart from the topsheet obviously. Thanks

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy