Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monte Rosa, Alagna - Boarders & Skiers needed for off piste groups early Feb.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am a skier, my fiancee is a boarder. We really want to go for a short break say 5-9feb or 8th-12feb (or so). Accomodation HB is 55-65 euro per night per person, flights are ~ £100 inc ski allowance, car hire would be shared from Milan/Turin. Lift pass for 3 days is 100 e 130 for 4.

Guides are at 290e and can be split between 7max with only slight increase.

Are there any people out there who are reasonably capable off piste (nothing too extreme) interested in an offpiste trip to Europe's hottest snow spot at the minute.

On the ski side, I am also a tourer so quite happy to have a day freeriding and a day touring perhaps even with an overnight hutstay.

Reply here if you are interested and let's get this on the road!

R
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi. I'm going to the area in early March - flights already booked. Where are you staying - can you say ?

J.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
icicle, I could delay my trip, as I really wan tto get a group as it is all about the off piste and the guide fees are huge unless you group.

Have a look at Zubaski there are links to all the accomodation.
Please send me an email click the link to my site for the email and phone number.

R
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm booked to stay in Zermatt from 7th Feb to 14th. Have already been looking at doing some skiing with a guide, would be great to join a few Snowheads.
Am keen to do a day tour and or a day freeride, depends a bit on cost and conditions I suppose.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
plectrum, how much are the guide fees then ? I was thinking of maybe getting a guide for a day - I hear that they all hang out at one hotel in Gressoney. Not sure if I'm ready for too much off-piste anyway so I'm not too worried if it all costs too much - we'll just do our own thing.

J.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

I'm a telemarker and was keen to hook up with some others to ski a bit of back country, off piste and piste runs from 11 Feb - 16 Feb.

I'm married with young kids and will be by myself on a business trip in England finishing 10 Feb late and flying out from Paris 16 Feb late.

Where is Monte Rosa / Algna? What is the terrain like?

Rob
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RobDono, I haven't been there yet, but I've heard lots of good things about it. Take a look here:-
http://www.monterosa.com/ and http://www.monterosa-ski.com/

I'll be there from 3 March so I can't help you sorry.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi icicle,

Thanks for the feedback.

Did you track down a good option with your accomodation?

I had a look at those wesites, I am after something cheap and communal so I can hook up with some other skiers or boarders.

Rob
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobDono,

I may well be interested please give me a call or email my details can be found by clicking thru to my website in the signature below this post.

icicle,

The guide price is 290 euro per day and can be shared by up to 7 people 7 is ~ 350 euro. So for one or two it is bloody expensive. There is loads of differnet levels of offpiste in Alagna so you could easily do a dya of intermediate level in big powder bowls.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
plectrum, that sounds a lot more than I expected - I heard somewhere (on this forum I think) that a guide can typically cost under £100 for a day which is more reasonable - especially split between two.
Like I said, we'll probably wait until we get there and try to get a good deal locally. If it hasn't snowed for weeks when we are there it'll probably not be that good off piste.

RobDono, if you're coming from Paris you might be better off heading to a French resort - maybe take the train ? Just a thought.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
icicle, 290 Euro is the going rate for a high mountain guide be it in italy or france. Someone may be able to show you the offpiste of Monterosa but i doubt that he/she will be a qualified mountain guide. Alternately you can hook up with the numerous scandies in the area, but you better be quick.

plectrum, we used Mauro ? and Simone Origone. Mauro looked after the world freeride tour when it visited monterosa and simone is the speed ski world record holder. Both are locals, speak reasonable english and most importantly that area is their back yard. Both work out of Champuloc guides office.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PP, Mauro is my hook up also through Zubaski. If i dont find a group it is unaffordable ... we shall see because I am itching to get out there so much snow.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy