Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NO SNOW IN BULGARIA - WILL IT CHANGE???????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI,
Finally decided to take the plunge and take my husband and son skiing for my husbands b/day. I have been to Bulgaria and remember it was fab for beginners. Looking at the conditions though, pamporovo has very little snow. It is the back end of Feb that I am going - ALL YOU DEDICATED SNOW HEADS, is the snow situation likely to get better by then or am I just going to be wasting my money. Son is 9 and has never been skiing before so I'd like it to be a special trip - WITH snow!! Puzzled
ANY ADVICE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's four weeks between now and the end of february. Plenty of time for snow to come, I've seen resorts transfoemd overnight. Unfortunately, that was on departure day after we'd spent the week in a green resort!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pamporovo is not flavour of the month at the mo, for various reasons, snow, and the prices the local "entrepreneurs" are charging in the town (at least as dear as Austria, some have posted) for drinks/food.

Borovets is better (I'm told), Bansko head and shoulders above both, but a gondola ride away from the slopes. Some good deals (HB, ski pack etc), still get a pint for under £1.50. Not everybody's cup of tea, but ideal for beginners/improvers.

Bansko hotels, Lion, Perun, Strazhite etc, anywhere near up by the Gondola. Should be able to get a HB deal with skis/pass/tuition for around £400. Maybe less. Watch your equip, if it's hired, though, especially around the Happy End bar..........................................

John.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bansko and Borovets have more snow at the min?? How when Pamporovo is higher Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Between 90% and 100% of all lifts in the 3 major Bulgarian resorts are currently open.

Bansko and Borovets have above-average snowdepths.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IS IT WORTH BOOKING PAMPOROVO FOR MID/END FEB?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SAMSTER, Always worth booking a holiday!

Welceome to snowHead s
ski holidays
 brian
brian
SAMSTER, welcome to snowHead s but please, stop SHOUTING. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SAMSTER, According to rumours on other forums the piste maintenance at Pamporovo wasn't done during the summer so some runs are closed because of dangerously exposed roots and other vegetation. Bulgarian skiing seems to polarise opinion far more than other places so it's difficult to sort out the objective reviews from personal opinion.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SAMSTER, i was in bansko just over a week ago
snow conditions were pretty good,only downside is the gondola queue in the morning unless you get there at 8.15
speaking to a guide over there and he went to borovets for a day and he liked it
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy