Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hire or Carry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My dilema is this.

I have a nice Salamon Board and Bindings. I have a touring bag the fits all my gear. When all the gear is in it is extreemly akward, heavy and cumbersom.

Also to take to London to meet mates adds €60 to flight cost and then I have to take it to France.

Also I need to buy new bindings as current ones snapped on my last trip.

I am strongly considering hiring a board to save all the above problems but cant seem to get a price from anywhere and I have tried various sites such as Intersport etc. Dont want to give prices until you are commiting.

Any advice on hiring prices???
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnon71, I'm surprised that you can't get prices on line. I usually book kit (skis, not boards, but I can't imagine that matters) on line before we go, and obviously I know the price before I commit. I'd expect that there'll be few shops in your resort which offer on line booking, unless it's somewhere well off the beaten track, even if that doesn't include the one you want to use, which will give you an idea of the cost.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnon71, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm surprised too that you can't get prices on-line. Someone like www.snowbrainer.com seem to offer board (and ski) prices for a huge number of resorts.

Is this effectively goodbye to your old board then? After all, if you can't justify fixing it and carrying it this time, why would you bother next time? It's not necessarily a bad thing - we went down the same route (with skis) about 6 years ago and they've not left the attic since.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.skiset.co.uk/skisetpass2009
Get prices there. 25% off if you include the skisetpass2009 bit. There may be cheaper deals, though.
Oh, and welcome to sH snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnon71, Sport2000 have shops in most resorts, and have their prices online.

http://www.sport2000rent.com/

You do need to specify the resort (and shop) before you get to the prices, but you are certainly not committed at that point.

The cost of hire varies quite considerably between resorts, with the most expensive places being around twice the cost of the cheapest ones.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the advice and the warm Snowheads welcome. Snowbrainer was very useful.

JohnOn
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
www.snowrental.net

I saved tonnes using these!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy