Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski advice for my wife

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon SnowHeads!

I am an experienced boarder and haven't skied for a decade or so, so knowledge is limited. We are off to France in 6 weeks and my new wife who is an intermediate skier is after buying some equipment. She hasn't skied for 4 years or so but we plan to ski every year from this year on. To hire good equipment from our resort is nie on £100 for the 8 days so her own equipment seems like a good option.

So..................... what does she need, size wise, as she is 5ft and weighs 7 1/2 stone. What size skis are good for this weight, a google search has been pretty uneventful.

Finally, if anyone has anything that may be good in this situation, ship me a PM.

Many thanks all,

Sam
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're looking at one week's skiing per season, my advice to her would be to buy her own boots (fitted by a good bootfitter) and hire skis in resort.

Both me and my wife used to have our own skis. In the years before children we used to go skiing 3 or 4 times a season, often for long weekends where we'd ski different resorts each day, normally finishing on Monday morning somewhere like Chinaillon close to Geneva airport for an afternoon flight. Having our own skis made sense then.

Nowadays though it's just not worth the hassle of flying with them, getting them serviced, carting them to/from airport etc etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
145 cm carving skis +/- 5cm ; probably a good junior ski like the Head Supershape. Lots of others around.
As an example, ebay search shows some 140cm Rossi WC for only 98 pounds from Ski and Board Discount Warehouse, but a slightly larger radius may be even better (about 14 +/- 2m).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Things change, skis change, technique changes. Your wife might find that after an initially slightly wobbly few days she really gets going - and might want to upgrade her skis. Maybe best seek advice from an instructor who's seen her ski?

The high charges for carrying skis do make you wonder about the economics. If you can find suitable second hand skis (sometimes available on snowheads, ebay generally NOT recommended) it could make sense.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy