Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More info for US bound skiers . . .

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's going to be emotional. . . even with a season pass Confused

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/what-to-expect-at-us-ski-resorts-this-winter/amp
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice article.

I see masks may have to be worn pretty much everywhere. The libertarians won't like that. Wonder who'll get shot first.

Some interesting e-business innovations there too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hope if masks are mandatory they are going to give at least some guidance of what masks are (not) allowed. Buff doesn't really offer any protection for the wearer or the people surrounding them...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Buff *has* a covid offering now:
https://www.buff.com/gb/masks/adults.html?/

Although I've not tried them yet, I will get one for this winter.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
freethemind wrote:
Buff doesn't really offer any protection for the wearer or the people surrounding them...

The UK government told us in March that its scientists had said that masks offered no protection - ie the same as buffs.

I wonder what's changed between then and now? Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The article is consistent with what I've read at various US ski area sites I frequent. I have not seen anything regarding specifications for the required masks/face coverings. Nor do I expect to. It will be hard enough for the liftie to enforce having anything on your face, as I witnessed in April when I skied at Timberline.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bergmeister wrote:
freethemind wrote:
Buff doesn't really offer any protection for the wearer or the people surrounding them...

The UK government told us in March that its scientists had said that masks offered no protection - ie the same as buffs.

Maybe the clarification that there is no protection for the wearer but there is protection for those around.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bergmeister wrote:
freethemind wrote:

The advice was based on availability and not medical science.
In March the Government were struggling to get PPE and if they had said we should all wear masks there would not have been enough for the NHS.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
codyaitch wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:
freethemind wrote:

In March the Government were struggling to get PPE and if they had said we should all wear masks there would not have been enough for the NHS.

Pretty much this - they commandeered masses of PPE from UK suppliers to distribute to the NHS and other services that were in need.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Here is what Sunday River in the state of Maine is doing. https://www.sundayriver.com/covid/winter
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No mask no lift ride in Nz during the winter just finished. Wasn’t a big drama. The lifties all had a few disposable masks to hand out as well.

The buff ones are pretty good btw.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
The article is consistent with what I've read at various US ski area sites I frequent. I have not seen anything regarding specifications for the required masks/face coverings. Nor do I expect to. It will be hard enough for the liftie to enforce having anything on your face, as I witnessed in April when I skied at Timberline.

It will be next to impossible to enforce WHICH KIND of mask is acceptable.

For one thing, in the colder month, or when it’s actually snowing/windy, many are going to wear their normal thick balaclava or neck gaiter. It’s impossible to ask them to remove it to show they’re actually wearing an “approved mask” underneath. It will not be done.

Therefore, any face covering will be acceptable.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bones wrote:
codyaitch wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:
freethemind wrote:

Pretty much this - they commandeered masses of PPE from UK suppliers to distribute to the NHS and other services that were in need.

Soooooo, unlike the initial phase of virus in which we didn't have many masks in public, now with complete coverage and the infection rate is, ...................... more or less the same rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy