Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Keen Brighton based intermediate looking for ski buddy.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

I'm 35, keep fit regularly at the gym, very keen to get away skiing, easy going, enjoy a good chat, laugh, drink and just bought some skis!

I've been skiing for a few weeks over the last couple of years. However I've gone past the beginner / intermediate stage and can't find myself progressing with out lessons. Love hurtling down red runs, but I can feel the technique is missing!

This Feb I'm going to Poland with some friends, and their kids, then I want to go away again in March if possible and a have lessons on both trips if I can.

I was looking at maybe driving down to the French alps (only 700 miles from Brighton), I have a small LPG small van so fuel costs are quite low. Only sits two people including the driver (me), but I can get a rear seat installed if necessary (not a very good view from the back though!). I can speak french too (sort of!), hopefully eliminating shouting and funny hand gestures.

So, if you're keen to ski this March, and aren't allergic to white vans get in touch and let me know.

Regards

Wes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I MIGHT BE INTERESTED. I'M ON THE OTHERSIDE OF WORTHING. IF YOUR A BEGINNER LA PLAGNE IS A GOOD RESORT IN FRANCE. HOWEVER IF YOU WANT GOOD NON SKI ACTIVITIES AS WELL CHAMONIUX IN GOOD LOTS OF SHOPS RESTAURANTS AND BARS.

IN LA PLAGNE THOUGH YOU CAN SKI TO THE DOOR. HOWEVER IF SNOWS IN LATE MARCH YOU MAY NEED SNOW CHAINS. IS A VERY NICE DRIVE
WITH FANTASTIC VIEWS.

DAVID
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads wmb73, 8811513, snowHead

Quote:
I'M ON THE OTHERSIDE OF WORTHING.
Sorry but knowing Worthing rather well, that sounds like a euphamism for being dead Skullie
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin wrote:
Welcome to snowHeads wmb73, 8811513, snowHead

Quote:
I'M ON THE OTHERSIDE OF WORTHING.
Sorry but knowing Worthing rather well, that sounds like a euphamism for being dead Skullie

and unable to use the caps lock key...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bertie bassett, well it can't be easy speaking from the OTHERSIDE Skullie

Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The last time I looked, Swansea was a little bit further than 'just the other side of Worthing' from Brighton! 8811513, no offence, but I'm not sure I'd trust you with the piste map!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wmb73, Welcome to snowHead s from another relative newbie.

Where are you going to stay/ski? You sound like similar ability, (maybe) and fun to be with. I am solo cos hubby in a new job, a little more vintage but theres a clue in the username Laughing

Ive booked http://www.thechaletexperience.com/pricesavailability08-09.php The Novelin. 15th march.

I am also going to have a couple of lessons, hopefully, with an instructor recommended by Flyingstantoni.

Oh I live very near you but have already booked a flight. My daughter lives in Brighton though. She's a chicken skiier and even more broke than me Laughing so she's not coming Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, I'd be happy to drive down, but may get another female, so we could do a convoy !! I do live in Brighton - near Withdean - wouldn't be able to go until after 28 March, but if late snow would be interested. I've skied quite a lot, about 22 weeks, but always happy to learn more - let me know how plans are going - i'm on glacierqueen@hotmail.co.uk if you want to e-mail me direct. If there were a few of us, driving could be good - I've done it before - France probably better choice as nearer, but not really bothered !! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy