Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

which skis to buy??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i am heading off in jan 2010 for an eleven week ski instructor course in canada. i am wanting to buy skis before i go out there so dont have to worry about buying some when i am there. i would say i am an intermediate skier approaching advanced. i am looking for an all mountain ski, which allows me to work on the slope (carving etc) and off piste for possible powder days. i have looked at some k2's which seemed good, but was wondering if anyone has advice or information about what i need to look for and buy. it would be graetly appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
morry, who are you doing the course with?

I would wait.. apart from anything else the company you have arranged to do it with get you a discount in the local stores. They will have the best idea of what you need.

A lot of the people on the instructor courses this year had Dynastar Contact 10's, looking for something along the same lines as that is the most sensible thing to do. You aren't going to get a ski ideal for the teaching on the course+powder days so I (and most of the courses) recommend you get a second ski.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Couple of my mates are/were instructors and say it's easier instructing/demoing moves on soft skis (noodles anyone?) - less effort especially at slow speeds. They then have a couple of other skis for their own days.

Good luck with the course.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
but you have to teach in that trip....or you take lessons???? because if you teach we suppose you know the skis to buy.........if they teac you ....you can ask to them......cause it depend what you like .....speed...or low speed and short turns.......in canada the snow it is very dry.....and light.....so there normally is better have a big fat ski.......but in europe you don't neeed the same.....so ...like you want........but me i HAVE A FAT.....AND i CARVE WITH NO PROBLEM.......SO FAT FOR EVERYBODI.........SMALL SKI JUST FOR THE RACER.........YOU CAN HAVE ALSO A SNOW BLADE .....BUT IS NOT THE SAME SPORT...........FREERIDING IS NOT A FASHON........
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ANIWAY K2 IS ONE OF THE BEST BRAND IN THE PLANETE.....SO GO FOR IT....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bucking bronco, true, the courses are a mix of assessed teaching and skiing though. It is worth the skiing performance for some extra work during the demos.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i am going with the canadian rockies academy to marmot basin. thanks for all the advice
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stuff like the Volkl AC30 and AC40 are popular with the Nonstop and ex-Nonstop returners here. You need something turny and not too fat since you'll be subject to endless techy drills that you'll hate on anything >90mm waist or >20m radius. If you can stretch to it, get some turny carvers and something fun too for pow days and variable conditions.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Head Monster iM78 or iM82 might fit the bill. I've seen quite a few instructors out there on these.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cold Heats
8.7 IQs
AC50s
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Morry. My son Callum has just started this year's course at Marmot basin. 1 week in he say's it's amazing. He took his own scratch BCs but has been told that whilst you can do the course on any skis you like, having a pair with a turn radius around 14m is an advantage. The bigger the turn radius over 14m, the more difficult you are making life for yourself. Interestingly he was told pre-course that his scratch Bcs would be OK. He's currently demoing some rossi Z6, apache recon and xwing tornados. Hope that helps
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy