Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tom Tom Question....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
.... just got a tom tom 1 Europe v4 for europe but not sure how to check out a start destination other than at the place where the tom is located.

Just got back from Joue Du Loup on sta and it guided me nicely from the airport to the accomodation door, but i was unsure how to program in a couple of nice pre planned stops.

I'm going to risoul in 4 weeks and would like to program it up before i go... how do i do this (can i do this?).

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Advanced Route Planning or, perhaps, RTM.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Advanced route planning definitely. You can also set up a multi-leg itinerary. Thing is when you have, it'll probably keep insisting on asking if you want to navigate to the 1st destination now!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Libertine,

'Prepare Route' function allows you to specify a start point (other than where you are now) and a destination.

'Itinerary Planning' is more advanced allowing a multi point journey to be pre-programmed.

TomTom have removed some of these more advanced functions from their latest 'One' models. I won a 'One UK and Ireland' in a raffle recently to find that these useful function had been removed frm the menu system - I think TomTom would argue to make the One easier to use.

Not sure if the latest TomTom One Europe has these functions but they may be missing from your new model.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks guys, it has prepare route (but not "advanced route options" Confused ) just need to work out where to make the stops Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you like tinkering, it is possible to get the software from the more advanced tomtoms running on a One. I have not tried it myself, but this forum has a lot of info: http://www.ipmart-forum.com

I guess it is legally a but suspect though!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK, a bit OT, but could anyone point me to somewhere that sets out what all these different Tomtom models and versions mean? They seem to come in versions from 2 to 7, but the one currently on sale at Amazon that looks relevant, TomTom ONE XL v2 Western Europe, although apparently a recent model, seems to be an early version. And what's this about not being able to insert waypoints on some models? I actually am interested in one to follow fairly tortuous off-motorway routes in France driving solo, so something that you can only put start and end points into is no use at all: I'm looking for the functional equivalent (strictly limited to this particular area of activity, I hasten to add) of my brilliant map-reading wife.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Best Forum IMHO for reading up on before purchasing a TomTom is here - the TomTom Go/Rider/One forum within the site:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=93

I think its the latest version TomTom ONE's which have had advanced menu options removed - thinks its the ones labelled '3rd Generation'. Not sure about the XL ONE's.

I think as soon as you move into the go models you get the full menu options. I recently bought a manufacturer refurbed Go720 for £114 from Totalpda which I have been well pleased with. Just looked and Totalpda seem to be out of these but may be worth calling them to see if/when they will have somemore:

http://www.totalpda.co.uk/refurbished-tomtom

Pocketgpsworld is best for reading up before parting with your cash - The go720 is great and has all the bells and whistles and european maps loaded. The Go720 new can be had at a discount now the Go730 has been released.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Advanced planning : select a departure point!!

Just programme your waypoints as favourites then navigate to them in sequence.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the pointer and advice. I'll go and do my homework.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy