Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need help selecting ski boot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My experience: I ski about 6-9 days per year and have been skiing for the past 3-4 years. I typically rent equipment, but have progressed to black diamonds and rental equipment feels very shaky in the advanced runs. I prefer back country tree runs, but will also take some black diamond mogul runs and groomed blue runs.

I am looking for a boot that matches my intermediate-advanced level - but gives me room to advance into an expert skier (without having to purchase new boots in 1-2 years).

I like the Salomon brand and my question is specific to the 3 models:

Impact 10, Impact 8, and the Mission RS 10

The impact 10 has the highest flex rating (110) - the others are the same (90). The Impact 10 seems to be geared to more expert skiers, so I'm wondering if this is too much of a boot for my current level. Or will the more advanced boot allow me to progress more quickly?

Thanks for any help you provide.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zcole, go to a proper boot fitter and get fitted.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zcole, do you ski in Colorado or Utah? There are some excellent fitters out there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have been fitted for all 3 of these boots by bootfitters in CO - all feel equally comfortable to me without taking them out on the slopes. However, all 3 models have not been available in the same location and the advice I have received is get the one that feels most comfortable. I was just wondering what the flex difference is and if anyone has any experience with any of these boots.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zcole, we haven't seen you ski, or seen you, so we can't really make a *better* recommendation.

I would have thought, however, that the person who fitted you with the Impact 10s would have pointed out the *trivial* and *reversible* softening available by removing the cuff securement screws.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy