Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adrenaline soles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning on couple of weeks piste skiing (family) followed by hut-hut toour in April. Decided on new boots but hire skis. How about Endorphins/Adrenalins with interchangeable soles. Apline for family weeks and downhill skis then swap to mountaineering sole for touring bindings.

I'm relatively new to touring so be gentle with me.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dont see either being a massive problem for you and would both be more than capable - i suppose it just depends on how stiff/ flexible you want your boots for the Alpine elements?

Endorphins rate as the stiffer boot over the Adrenalins - there is a huge thread over at Teton Gravity regrding this:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78437

There are a fair few others out there that will happily do both, Black Diamond Factor, Scarpa Typhoon, Scarpa Tornado Pro, Dynafit Zzeus.

Crucial though will be the fitment - Garmont appear to have a rep for low volume fitment - but Scarpa appear to fit a wider foot better. (Best hope that someone like SZK, CEM or Arv offers some advice regarding the boot volume and fitments)

There is also the cost to consider in which boot you want.

I ski in the Tornado Pro's and they do both well enough for me. Out of the Endorphin/ Adrenalins - id go with the Endorphin.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
matricks wrote:
Dont see either being a massive problem for you and would both be more than capable - i suppose it just depends on how stiff/ flexible you want your boots for the Alpine elements.

Hope you've consulted admin, all the mods and taken legal advice before putting those words in. You may have to withdraw/edit your comments wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob wrote:
matricks wrote:
Dont see either being a massive problem for you and would both be more than capable - i suppose it just depends on how stiff/ flexible you want your boots for the Alpine elements.

Hope you've consulted admin, all the mods and taken legal advice before putting those words in. You may have to withdraw/edit your comments wink

Puzzled

Its a bit early and its Monday Sad - you have lost me...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
See the recurring thread in the Piste section. Don't worry its only a joke.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob wrote:
See the recurring thread in the Piste section. Don't worry its only a joke.

Seen, read and with you now Toofy Grin

its great being behind the curve.... Embarassed
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fuego, I've got the Adrenalins and find them very good-I use mine mainly for day tours with the vibram sole. Have used the downhill unit once and it was fine also, certainly I would say the boots are stiff enough to give good piste performance that most people would be happy with. It just took me a while to get used to how light the boots are compared to alpine boots. I find the boots fit my high instep very well and are really very comfortable but obviously you need to try them on. One problem is that the vibram sole can wear out quickly if you have to do any walking because the sole is pretty flat compared to most touring boots which have more of a rockered sole unit

Having said all that it is a compromise and in an ideal world you would have a slightly lighter boot for multi day tours and a dedicated alpine model for holiday mode!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy