Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Ski School in Les Menuires?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please can anyone advise on the best Ski School to use in Les Menuires

- Ski School Les Menuires (Snowbow)

- Prosneige

- ESF

It will be for my 10 year old son who has had about 8 lessons on our local dry slope. He can link snowplough turns, but is not that controlled. I am guessing that he still needs to be in a beginner group?

We are going in Half Term!

Any advice / help gratefully received.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We ( 3 families in all ) were in Les Menuires the first week of Jan.

We looked at all the 3 you mention and ended up using ESF because the meeting place ( les Bruyeres ) was near ( for us staying in Reberty , literally 2 mins down a blue piste ) and with kids at 4 different levels it meant same start/finish times we could cover the drop off and pick up easily.

All the kids did fine with ESF - all learnt lots - classes were no more than 7 - 10 , graded it seemed quite carefully , taught in both French and English. In quite a few years of kids in ESF I think the Les Menuires ESF is pretty good .

Some Snowheads rate Prosneige highly but they meet in Les Croisettes ( centre of Les Menuires ) and the early start ( 09.00 ) meant a bus down which defeated the point of a piste side chalet !

Also 2 other families in our chalet used Snowbow - quite small classes - no more than 8 - but long - about 4 hours I recall - and consequently a bit more expensive. They were happy with them.

However as it will be half term ( when ESF gets most flack for large classes ) I personally would go for Prosneige if staying in Les Menuires centre or Snowbow if in Reberty. I also would book quick !

John
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alltnaha wrote:
We ( 3 families in all ) were in Les Menuires the first week of Jan.

We looked at all the 3 you mention and ended up using ESF because the meeting place ( les Bruyeres ) was near ( for us staying in Reberty , literally 2 mins down a blue piste ) and with kids at 4 different levels it meant same start/finish times we could cover the drop off and pick up easily.

All the kids did fine with ESF - all learnt lots - classes were no more than 7 - 10 , graded it seemed quite carefully , taught in both French and English. In quite a few years of kids in ESF I think the Les Menuires ESF is pretty good .

Some Snowheads rate Prosneige highly but they meet in Les Croisettes ( centre of Les Menuires ) and the early start ( 09.00 ) meant a bus down which defeated the point of a piste side chalet !

Also 2 other families in our chalet used Snowbow - quite small classes - no more than 8 - but long - about 4 hours I recall - and consequently a bit more expensive. They were happy with them.

However as it will be half term ( when ESF gets most flack for large classes ) I personally would go for Prosneige if staying in Les Menuires centre or Snowbow if in Reberty. I also would book quick !

John

Thanks for that - La Croissette will be the easiest for us to get to ( we are staying at L'Ours Blanc) and it is a simple ski down to the La Croisette.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have ended up booking ESF - Snowbow and Prosneige had no space for morning lessons.

I really hate this Half Term lark - we normally avoid it like the plague. Mad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy