Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wycombe Summit - Snowdome

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any news on whether Snowdome are still planning to build an indoor 'snow' slope at Wycombe Summit? I keep checking their website and there hasn't been an update for ages. I'm hoping it does go ahead as it will be much closer than MK for us.

Thanks in advance for any updates Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
onaplateau, I think the plan is fundamentally flawed. Indoor snow for Beginner slope only and keep the Dendix for Main Slope. I know they can't get permission for snow for the main slope, but it's neither one thing nor the other and with Hemel so close, I can't see it going ahead.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Think there's still a planning issue that needs to be ironed out, hence the delay. Have a read of this...

http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-32082.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm hoping it does go ahead as it will be much closer than MK for us.

There's one opening in Hemel in April if that's a little closer!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies, that'll be why progress seems to be non existent! Hemel is slightly nearer, but Wycombe is only 10mins away so would have been very handy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm sure i heard they had full planning consent? Putting off starting over a minor s.106 issue sounds odd...

I'm sure i heard they were having trouble with financing? Which is no surprise, numerous construction projects are on hold at the moment, and even if you can find a bank to lend you'd be very brave to start building now.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think the complete collapse of our financial system might not be helping much. As beanie1 says, many construction projects throughout the country are currently shelved.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rather than start a new thread, can I ask here whether any other Life Members from Wycombe are on this forum?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glad we weren't going when the place opened or we might have been in that boat too. Had several family annual memberships and had just paid one when the flames arrived. Pleased to say, got a refund quite promptly although I have heard that for some it took a long time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I suspect that only 10-20 were ever taken up but we used to get newsletter updates and no longer do. Even the e-mail address on the web-site bounces so I've e-mailed Tamworth and am waiting for a reply.

I'm sure other Life Members would be interested. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I guess it's a bit like having life membership of a crematorium
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
From the experiences of another ex regular Summit user I know, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the reply. wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bad news! Plans were clearly still ongoing, but having just looked at the Wycombe Council planning website it appears things have come to a halt. Various entries this year re widening of slope/building but this was refused at a planning meeting on the 22nd April Sad Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy