Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Axamer Lizum

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After a carefully planned business meeting, I ended up with a free day in Innsbruck on Friday. After talking with the locals I took the free bus to Axamer Lizum and a great day skiing. The skies were blue, there was no wind and more importantly no queues.

The snow was in great condition on the main slopes which were well looked after. The long black on the other side of the valley was unbashed with moguls and there were bare patches so some rock hopping was needed. I hate moguls but the snow was soft so managed to slither down without too much embarrassment...

Axamer is a good place to spend a day if you are a competent skier/boarder. i would imagine a week would be too much unless you are a beginner or second time skier.

I was impressed with the free ski buses in Innsbruck and the price of beer, only 3 euros for a large beer - you would not get a small one in 3V for that!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i have been to axamer, its a nice place, but like you say a touch limited
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i was supposed to be going there on a weeks ski trip with school, as it happened the season had already finished for the dates we'd booked (first week of april) so ended up in Wagrain a lucky outcome there!

On a different note i notice your from portishead, i asume thats N. Somerset?? I'm from Kenn just outside clevedon!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowheadred, where did the bus go from? any online timetable?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timetable here

http://www3.innsbruck.info/winteraktiv/innsbruckskibus.pdf

Other routes as well to nearby villages such as Igls, route J (IIRC), but check for sure.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowplow, thanks, I am there next weekend for two nights, need somewhere for half a day (arriving 10.40 ish) - been to Mutters and maybe heading to Khuta and good to know what time the buses head back
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy