Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where have you been and where do you still want to go?

Poster: A snowHead
uktrailmonster, nope not seen it. Haven't bought a new ski film for a few years so I'm probably due a purchase. I'll have a google tonight - cheers Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alan empty, It's an awesome vid, google "Believe Tanner Hall". You can preview most of it on youtube.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What's with La Grave? I've looked it up and it doesn't look like much of a resort, just an off-piste extension to Les Deux Alpes. Is it for extreme off-piste types who don't do nightlife only...?
snow report
 brian
brian
queen bodecia,

Ah, La Grave ....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=26658

... and La Grave ...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37839

So much more than JUST AN EXTENSION. Evil or Very Mad Shocked wink Laughing Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
uktrailmonster, Has that got a segment with Tanner and Seth ripping it up in the trees together? It's nice to see the boy can handle the big mountain stuff.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gsyfreerider, Yep, that's the one. Seth does one of the biggest hucks I've ever seen (shot at long distance, so you almost miss it). You end up rewinding to check that he just did what you thought you saw.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
uktrailmonster, yeah it's aweseome but for me the pillow lines are as good as any I've seen on film, I'd love to see more of these guys doing these kinds of segements you expect it from Seth but it's great to see Tanner out of the park proving he's not just a showpony..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, so off-piste only. Not my bag, but does look like there are some stunning views for those of you hardcore enough to attempt it...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Done: Mayrhofen x 5, La Rosiere x2, Meribel, Lermoos, Soldeu, Valmorel, Vail, nevis
Want to do : Serfaus, Obergurgl, Obertauern
Planning this year: Lake Louise, Soll
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well this is my list of the places I've been that I can remember rolling eyes

alpe d'huez (season),bardonnechia,st anton,tignes,val d'isere,courcheval (season),meribel,les menuires,val thorens,les arcs,la plagne,la grave,serre chevalier,montgenevre,claviere,lecht,glenshee,cairngorm (season),nevis range,zermatt,verbier,portes du soleil (4 seasons),cervinia,mt norquay,lake louise,sunshine,raise,yad moss,soldeu,grau roig,pas de la casa,arinsal,arcalis,st gervais,les deux alpes,coronet peak(2 seasons),the remarkables,treble cone, ziller valley,zell am see.

Places I want to go? lots really I'd like to do a load more in Switzerland and Austria and I'd love to get to some more exotic locations like Japan, India, Russia, Chile or Argentina. Though I doubt I'll be able to afford any of those, but I can dream wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevomcd,

Heard some bad recent reports of Fernie but have never been there.

Aus - Alpbach, Ellmau, Soll, Igls, St. Johann, Kirchdorf, Kitz, Fieberbrunn, Waidring, Kaprun, Zell am See, most more than once,

France - Morzine/PdS,

NZ - Treble Cone, Cardrona,

GB - Oval Ski Club, Rossendale, Llandudno and a lot of others - they count in my world coz without them the others would just have been names in an atlas, snowHead

Want to go - ANYWHERE else with mountains with snow on them but as you can see, I'm a touch touched with Austria.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Done (chrono order): Westendorf, AT; Serre Chevalier, FR; Alpe d'Huez, FR; Verbier, CH; Mayrhofen, AT; Hintertux, AT; Sauze d'Oulx; IT, La Thuile, IT; La Rosiere, FR; Courmayeur, IT; Pila, IT; Nevis Range, ENGLAND; Zermatt, CH; Cervinia, IT;

Some of those were only day trips, mind.

Am about to go to, very soon: Morzine, FR; Valmeinier, FR

Desperately want to go to: Anywhere Dolomites, Sierra Nevada (for some reason), Anywhere 3Vs, Anywhere non-Europe.

Would not go back to: Sauze d'Oulx.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Nevis Range, ENGLAND;

I think the Scots might get a bit miffed wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Aneira, Fernie seems to be having the reverse to last season; which was it's best in 20 years I believe! Shocked

Been to Champéry/PdS, Engelberg, Andermatt, Melchsee-frut, Flumserberg, Davos, Ischgl, St Anton, Wengen, Flims-Laax, Campitello (Val di Fassa) and Fernie.

Where I'd like to go: Red Mountain, Jackson Hole (convinced by a stoat), Revelstoke in North America and Chamonix and back to Engelberg in Europe snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Been to: Soldeu x4, Pas de la Casa x2, Vallnord, Scheffau, Isghl, Zell am See, Salbach x2, Kitzbuel, 3V, Val D'Isere, Livigno, St Johan, Sierra Nevada, Coronet Peak, Remarkables, Treble Cone, Ohau, Kicking Horse, Revelstoke, Sunshine, Lake Louise, Norquay, Panorama, Fernie

Wish List: Verbier, Andermatt, Chamonix, Whistler, Las Lenas, Portillo, La Grave, St Foy, Serre Chevallier, Niseko, Alta, Jackson Hole, Big Sky, Mammoth, Taos, Aspen, Bridger Bowl, Silver Star, Sun Peaks, Arraba, St Anton, Les Gets......Better start saving Shocked
snow conditions
queen bodecia, ha, did you learn to ski in Neiderau ? I learnt in Oberau, but skied in Neiderau too.

Those I've skied in but not necessarly stayed in resort:

France - 3Vs, Serre Chevalier, Mont Genevre, Thollon, Bernex, PdS, Grand Massif, Espace Killy,

Austria - Neiderau, Saalbach, Zell am See, Kaprun, Solden, St Anton, Lech

Italy - Cervinia, Claviere (will be skiing in Sestriere in March),
Switzerland - Murren, Wengen, Villars, Zermat

I would be more than happy to go back to Serre Chevalier, Tignes Val d Isere, St Anton, 3Vs

Would like to ski :

France - Chamonix, La Grave and of course La Ros (just out of curiousity Laughing ), Les Arc, La Plagne

Austria - Ischgl, Mayrhoffen, would like to stay in Lech, Obertauern

Switzerland - Verbier

Italy - Dolomites, Courmayeur, Champulac

Canada - Whistler, Fernie, Banff

America - not sure where
snow conditions
Only sarted 4 years ago but making up for that.
Niederau (x3) best place to learn, I've outgrown it but must return to relive fond memories.
Arlberg (x3) Anton/Lech/Zurs is my favorite.
Tignes(x3) is like an old friend and always a safe bet for pre, early & late season. Must try it mid season, must be even better !
Ischgl best lift network ever great skiing, Russian invasion, prices, crowds & lunatics on home run only downside.
Zematt don't understand why people rave about it apart from the view of the Mattahorn.
Verbier great challenging skiing, lots of easily accessible off-piste, 4V not well linked.
3V(x2) I think I will always want to to it again.
Jungrau (x2) - Grindlewald/Wenegn I had to return as I wasn't sure if I love or hate the trains - great resort for the elderly.
Jasper, loved the difference - not much skiing mileage but wonderful with fresh snow, friendliest locals & best prime rib ever.
Canezi, loved the Sella Ronda but not Canezi, need to do it again but base in Selva or Arabba.
Panorama, great hill but Interwest corperate stamp sucks.
Ski Welt, unfortunately little snow when I went in Jan 2007 & it did not impress me.
Mayrhoffen - not being able to ski back & scrum at the gondola is a negative, nice village, like it in Summer.
Bad Hofgastein - sking was good the the place is weird.

Notable omissions in my quest : Chamonix, PDS, Klosters, Lax, Whistler, Fernie, Revelstoke, Kicking Horse, J.H. ,Breckenridge, Vail etc, Utah resorts, Lake Tahoe, (Chile etc.)
Off to North America next week to knock some more resorts off the list but am running out of monet, years and energy.

BUT who you ski with is as important as where. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Been: Verbier (first trip so unable to take full advantage of area), Soldeau, Schladming, Jasper, Lake Louise, Sunshine, Campitello, Neiderau, Zell am Ziller.

Going this year: Ellmau (Ski Welt)

Wish List:

Return to Verbier when able to ski well enough, return to Zillertal, Western Dolomites (Passo Tonale, Madonna or other nearby resorts), Selva, Corvara, Kronplatz, Saalbach/Hinterglemm, Obertaun, La Ros/La Thuile

queen bodecia, I would add the Zillertal (Mayrhofen, Zell am Ziller, Kaltenbach, Hintertux) to your wish list. You have several areas on one pass (linked by free bus/train service), at least three of those with 100Km+ of runs, each with their own characteristics.

The only ski area I have skied on two separate holidays is Kaltenbach/Hochfugen in the Zillertal (No snow in Neiderau Jan 2007, so bussed to Kaltenbach each day - went to Zell am Ziller following year).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SkiTigger wrote:

Wish List: ... Les Gets...

Eh?
snow conditions
OK I will try and beat you Steve!!

Seasons in Valdisere, Morzine, Whistler/Vancouver

FRANCE Valdisere, Tignes, Flaine, Les Arcs, St Foy, La Rosiere, Chamonix, Morzine, Lets Gets, Le Grand Turche, La Grave, Alp duez, Les 2 Alps, Le Chazelet, Serre Chevalier, Bareges, La Mongie, Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens, Chatel

ITALY Gressony, Alagna, Cervina, La Thuile, Cormayeur, Heli Ski Valgrisenche

SWITZERLAND Zermatt, Swiss PDS, Engelberg

USA Mamoth, Kirkwood, Northstar, Heavenly, Squaw Valley, June Mountain, Mt Baker, Snowbird, Snowbasin, Canyons, Brighton, Solitude, Powder Mountain

CANADA Whistler, Kicking Horse, Silver Star, Big White, Panorama, Fernie, Red Mountain, Lake Louise, Whitewater, Valhalla Powder Catskiing, Grouse Mountain, Cypress Mountain

CHILE Valle Nevado, Portillo, Termas De Chillan, Pucon

Must be others that I forgot Puzzled

On the list

Points North Heliski in Alaska, Arlberg, Norway boat ski touring, Climb ski Mt Blanc, Niseko, New Zealand - Cool
snow report
Lechbob, you have had 22 trips in 4 years? Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
Ive been to Aldershot dry ski slope, Glencoe, Aviemore, Murren,Wengen, La Plagne, Courchevel, meribel, Val Thorens, Les Arcs and St Moritz.
Id recommend St Moritz to anyone for its unique atmosphere especially when compared to Aldershot.

Id like to go to the dolomites.
snow report
Quote:

Off to North America next week to knock some more resorts off the list but am running out of monet, years and energy.

If only I too had Monets to sell.........so frustrating when they run out.
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
SkiTigger wrote:

Wish List: ... Les Gets...

Eh?

Brother went there once and sibling ski rivalry means must at least tick it off my list
latest report
SkiTigger, Laughing good enough reason...
snow conditions
Been to:

French Alps: Val D'Isere, Tignes, Les Arcs 1950, Val Thorens, Meribel, Courchevel 1850, Courchevel 1350 Le Praz, Bella Plagne
Italy: Passo Tonale
Switzerland: Zermatt, St Moritz
Austria: Neiderau, Mayrhofen, Kaprun
Germany: Oberammergau, Garmisch Partenkirschen.
Romania: Poana Brasov
USA: Lake Tahoe, Mammouth, Vail, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek
Canada: Blue Mountains

Would go back to: Tignes, Courchevel 1850, Val Thorens, Lake Tahoe, Mammoth

Would like to go to: Aspen, Lech, Kitzbuhel, Alpbach, St Anton, Morzine, New England
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Lechbob, you have had 22 trips in 4 years? Shocked Shocked Shocked

No 24, I forgot about Livigno - long transfer but really cheap & L2A run from top is like playstation scenery, run to village is horid - took lumps out of my skis. I'm retired now & ski holidays is what I do to keep active. I usually go every other week but the novelty is wearing off & I'm doing a little less this year as the dog,family & bank manager are complaining but still have too big adventures in Canada & USA planned.
snow report
It goes on,

I started skiing in New England, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Jersey, there was one place in Massachusetts called jiminy peak which had a shuttle bus with a bomb the British banner on it; that’s how long ago it was. Wish I had done Stowe.

Europe. Soldeu, Val Morel, La Plange, Esher – he he, Morzine, Avoriaz, Champoluc, Les 2 Alp, Macugnaga, Neiderau, Klosters/Davos,

I want to win the lottery or meet some one who doesn’t mind slumming it and do Zermatt, St Anton, Chamonix, and Val Disere.

The more the better. A toast to happy skiing everyone.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Many resorts over many seasons here we go - First of all Europe -

AUSTRIA - Lermoos, Aufach, Fieberbrunn, Galtur, Ischgl, Mayrhofen, Fiss, Finkenburg, Zell Am Ziller, Fugen, Hochfugen, Nauders, Serfaus, Bad Gastein, Obergurgl, Hochgurgl, Kuhtai, Neustift, St Anton, Lech, Zurs, Zell Am See and all the resorts in the Montafon Valley.

FRANCE - Bareges, Cauterets, St Lary, La Mongie, All of the 3 Valley resorts, Val D'Isere, Tignes, La Rosiere & Pla d'Adet.

ITALY - Cervinia, La Thuile, Gressoney, Champoluc, Alagna, Madesimo, Canazei, Selva, Arabba, Corvarra,Bormio, Santa Caterina, Macugnaga & Courmayeur.

NORWAY - Stryn (Summer ski Centre)

SCOTLAND -Glenshee (first learned to ski here).

SWITZERLAND - Andermatt, Engelberg, Grindelwald, Murren, Wengen, Saas Fee, Zermatt, Grimentz, Zinal, Disentis & Bettmeralp.

Oh and Raise in the English Lake District - on the Helvelyn range -one pomma tow -but particularly good snow conditions this season (my local hill)
-
NORTH AMERICA & CANADA - Grand Targhee , Jackson Hole, Big Mountain, Fernie, Lake Louise, Kimberley & Kicking Horse.

Done quite a few in my time -still plenty to go at - prefer Europe - must get back to Alagna some time rate that more highly than Jackson Hole.

As Warren Miller says "if you don't go this year, you will be one year older when you do"

Favourite resort is Zermatt - lost count how many times we have been there both in the Summer and Winter Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I feel quite humbled in the presence of such well-travelled snowheads. I assume you're all now in your 80s to have managed to fit so much into your lives...? Very Happy
ski holidays
In some srt of chronological order - Ellmau, Kirchberg, Val D'isere, Les Deux Alpes, Soldeu, Cervinia, Ischgl, St. Anton, Lech, Kaprun, Solden, Mayrhofen, Kitzbuhel and Zell Am See. Only been to each of them once except Ischgl too many times to count the cost of. wink Off to Ischgl again in three weeks and Mayrhofen the week before Easter.

Would like to go to: The Dolomites, 3Vs but put off by the cost, to Val D'Isere again to prove to myself that my skiing really has improved, Verbier, Ski Amade, Salbaach. Quite fancy a number of North American resorts but put off by the travelling times.
snow conditions
Resorts stayed in:

Crest Voland *2, Morzine, Les Carroz, Passo Tonale *2, Livigno *2, AlpeD'Huez, Les Deux Alpes*2, Lake Louise, Sunshine, Soll, Zell am See, La Rosiere*2, Val Gardena.

Other resorts I have skied:

Flaine, Madonna di Campiglio, Les Saises, Lecht, Nevis Range, Saalbach, Kaprun, Assorted Ski Welt, Assorted Dolomiti, La Thuile

Other place I have skied:

Hills above Coleraine, Slieveanorra Mt Co. Antrim.

Wish list:

Chamonix, St Anton, Cortina, Tahoe
latest report
New Zealand: Coronet Peak, Remarkables, Treble Cone, Cardrona, Mt Hutt, Porters Heights, Broken, River, Craigiburn, Mt Olympus, Whakapapa, Oahu, Harris Mts Heliski,

USA: Taos, Aspen, Breckenridge, Vail, Telluride, Vail, Mammoth

Canada: Whistler

Wish list, Chile, Jackson, Lots of Europe.
snow report
Ski resorts skied in:
- Kaprun
- La Plagne
- Lermoos (has the best hotel in the world - the Hotel Post!)
- Banff / Lake Louise / Sunshine
- Val D'Isere
- Courchevel (3V)
- Whistler
- Val D'Isere (Mrs S 6 weeks pregnant, but still faster!)
- La Rosiere
- Courchevel (local only)
- XScape in Castleford Very Happy

Ski areas hiked through
- Too many to mention in the Pyrenees (all something of an alcoholic haze, if truth be told!)
- Peisey
- Tignes
- Val
- The entire valley downhill from Boneval Sur Arc
- Montgenvre
- Ceillac
- Auron
- Serre Chevallier, in its summer Monetier-Les-Bains format
- Les Deux Alpes
- Les Houches
- Banff / Lake Louise / Sunshine
- Argentiere

Ski areas mountain biked in
- Steamboat
- Breckenridge
- Keystone (spectacular crash here - very nice medical centre - puts Courchevelian prices in perspective!)
- Les Gets
- Chamonix (above Argentiere is superb)

Gondolas ascended with kids to come straight back down again after a picnic...
- La Grave
- La Cluzaz
- Megeve

Favourite ski area - Courchevel
Favourite resort - Val D'Isere (The Cafe Face's time-based beer prices did it for me!)
Favourite for hiking and biking - Chamonix and thereabouts
Favourite for an afternoon out with very small kids - La Cluzaz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy