Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where have you been and where do you still want to go?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure this has been done before but I couldn't find a recent thread...

In the interests of variety, I have rarely been to the same resort twice and never more than twice. One life, so many snow-covered destinations. These days my choice of resort is somewhat limited by budget and availability of single rooms, but there's probably still a whole host of possibilities out there...

Basically I look for 100km plus of marked piste, good snow record, possibility of visiting other nearby resorts, nightlife and decent affordable catered accommodation. Never considered crossing the pond as it's too far to go for a week, too expensive and single rooms don't seem to exist...

Resorts I've been to: Niederau, Méribel (x2), Val Thorens, Avoriaz, Tignes (x2), Andalo, La Plagne, Pas De La Casa (x2), Val D'Isère, Passo Tonale, Kitzbühel.

Resorts I've skied at whilst staying at the above: Courchevel, Morzine, Soldeu, Madonna Di Campiglio.

Resorts I'd love to visit one day: St Anton, Ischgl, Verbier, Sauze D'Oulx, Selva.

What's on your list(s) and any others I should add to my wish list...?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
queen bodecia, Saalbach-Hintergelmm. What is more the Chalet Julienne which is right by a lift station and adjacent to the famous schirm bars in Saalbach has single rooms. Had two Christmasses there and loved it.

You also need to do the Sella Ronda or anywhere in the Dolomites. (Just noticed you already have Selva on your list. Good choice.)

snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia, don't meribel and val thorens count as the same place as its the same ski area? my wish list destinations are jackson hole, revelstoke, chamonix and la grave but I can't see myself crossing the pond in the near future as all recent trips have been by coach.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd like to go to Val D'Isere just to see what it's like.

I would take Sauze off that wish list. I was there 2 years ago, given the snow was crap but the lift system was pretty crap too, I thought anyway. Maybe the slopes would win me over if there was more snow and I wouldn't notice the crappy lifts NehNeh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Done : Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens, Les Arc, La Plagne, Tignes, Val D'Isere, Chamonix, Megeve, Flaine, Les Gets, Morzine, Alpe d'Huez, Vail, Breckenridge, Banff, Lake Louise, Soll, Mayrhofen, Wengen, Murren, Gridlewald and many smaller resorts

Wish List: Jackson Hole, Telluride, Whistler, St Anton, Kitzbuhl, Zermatt, Verbier, amongst others
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Done: 3v, copper mountain, lake louise twice (despite saying I wouldnt go back !), Fernie, tignes, sauze d'oulx, la plagne, morzine, Jackson Hole and am going back there v soon! serre chevalier for a day - so would go back !

wish list :- chamonix and am not really sure wherever takes my fancy I suppose Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Patch, that's quite a CV you've got there!

I liked the look of Sauze because it's part of Milky Way and has a good après reputation. But I've seen a couple of reviews saying the snow wasn't so good so I guess it's one of those where you wait and see if the conditions are OK...

I'd definitely like to do the Dolomites. I've been quite close by with Andalo, Passo Tonale and Madonna Di Campiglio and the scenery is stunning...

Incidentally, I'm doing Courmayeur this season. Not necessarily a resort I'd have chosen myself, but the opportunity came up to meet with some people I met in Kitzbühel last season. I like the idea of being able to visit La Thuile and Pila as well...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have stayed in:-

Grindelwald, Kitzbuhel, Livigno, Wengen (too many times to mention!), Saas Fee (x2), Crans Montana (x2), Flims, Queenstown, Courchevel, BSM (skied Les Arcs & Val D), Zell am See (too many times to mention!), Saalbach, Davos, Zermatt, Wagrain, Foppolo, Tignes.

Wish List:- Chamonix, Ischgl, St Anton, Andermatt, Engelberg

Edit.....forgot about Scotland Embarassed Have skied Nevis & Cairngorm....put the other 3 on the wish list.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 17-01-09 19:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Been to: Zell am Ziller (2), Mayrhofen (7), Andorra (2), Bulgaria (1 - was enough), Thyon 2000 (1), La Thuile (1), Livigno (1), Sauze (1), bardonecchia (2), Schladming (1), St Jean D'Aulps (1), Le Seignus (1), La Tania (1), Passo Tonale (1), Les Carroz (1), Montgenevre (1) - think there's more but I can't quite remember Confused

About to go to: Samoens in 7 more sleeps Very Happy

Would like to go: How long have you got? Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been to: Les Orres (don't go for the architecture!), Zillertal, Andalo (dolomites), Courmayeur (incl vallee blanche to chamonix), Val Thorens (from where skied to much of 3 valleys), Les Arcs, Valmorel, La Clusaz, La Plagne (stayed at les coches), Puy St Vincent, La Rosiere (incl skiing to La Thuile).

Would like to go: anywhere fairyly snow sure, good for intermediates and for children learning to ski. Preferably easy to get to by train (but doesn't have to be the Moutiers/Bourg line). Ideal accommodation is luxury appartment with access to pool

Would welcome any suggestions of places to go to next that fit the above criteria. I'm wondering about the following: Flaine, Chamrousse, Serre Chevalier, Montgenevre, Alpe d'huez, or les Gets or Avoriaz (have not done portes du soleil). Would also like to try Austria and Italy again but not sure if there are any places that are easy to do by train.

Of the places I've been I would recommend Courmayeur (only drawback is the access by large cable car each morning), Les Arcs (partic area around 1800) and La Rosiere (if you include La Thuile).

Have just noticed you are going to Courmayeur Queen B...I'm sure you will have a great time. There are lots of nice mountain restaurants. Would highly recommend doing the vallee blanche run to chamonix if you get the chance.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Been to Kopaonik(Serbia), Tignes, Vallandry/Les Arcs, Val Thorens & LDA.

Wishlist? Return to Kop and discover that the runs are not all as scary as I thought, becuase it was my first ever ski trip! Other than that? Anywhere with good company!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Butterfly, yikes.... things can only get better! You must try real Switz & Austria
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Been to: Les Gets (and most of the PdS), Lech, Mayrhofen/Zillertal Arena, Wengen

Wish list: Dolimites (14days to go Smile), St.Anton, Whistler
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been to (In order visited): Aviemore, Lecht, Saalbach, Axamer Lizum (spellin error??), Some Italian resort (School trip - cant remember name), GAP OF TEN YEARS.... Zell am See, Alpe D'Huez, Serre Chevalier.

Wish list: Wanted to find a spiritual home rather than jump around resorts (at least while kids are small - its nice to know where you're going) - believe I have found that in Serre Chevalier - so my wish is more trips there please! Plus a lads trip to St Anton for my 30th Birthday!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Been to 45 different resorts in Europe, Canada and America including some really random places like Lee Canyon which is Las Vegas's ski resort and Brian Head which is basically a red coloured canyon in the middle of Utah. I managed to ski Verbier, Kirkwood, Heavenly, Powder Cowboy cat skiing, Fernie, Andermatt, Engelberg, St Anton, Lech, La Grave and Chamonix in 2004 which was pretty cool as I got married in the December of 2003 and my missus doesn't ski so I went on my own! I do have favourites Like Verbier and Lech but always try and go somewhere new every season. Resorts on the wish list include: Krippenstein, St Moritz, Monterosa, Big Sky and Aspen, Revelstoke, Las Lenas and have always wanted to ski in Scotland but have never got around to doing it
snow conditions
Cool. I've not heard of some of these resorts. Clearly I have a lot to learn...

snowymum, I think Vallée Blanche is classed as off-piste and needs a guide so too risky/pricey for me, but I am very much looking forward to Courmayeur. 7 weeks to go... Very Happy
ski holidays
queen bodecia, Do the Vallee Blanche from the Italian side in a guided group, in the right conditions it's no more than a red/blue run and won't cost you a fortune, it's all about the scenery and the experience and you don't have the scary walk you do on the the French side. If you have a car Cervinia is worth a day trip as you can tick of Cervinia and Zermatt on the same day to add to your list. You should also try the 37 dish lunch at Maison de Filippo in Courmayeur but leave a few hours to do it!
snow conditions
Not insured for off-piste sadly, and on a TO package trip so no car either. Cervinia looks good though, is it on the same lift pass as Courmayeur and accessible by bus like La Thuile and Pila...?
ski holidays
queen bodecia, Direct Travel do a std £45 annual (limited to 17 days max each ski trip) on and off piste. 10% off for renewals in future years.
latest report
It's not the travel insurance I've got, I think that does cover off-piste skiing with a guide. But my income replacement/personal accident insurance does not...

Lots of companies won't insure me at all at the moment for health reasons...
snow conditions
queen bodecia, Yeah... it's a right booger if you don't fit into a neat little box. I have enough explaining to do for something simple like diabetes Evil or Very Mad
latest report
It's precisely because I didn't want to fit in a neat little box that I have this problem. Insurance companies see 'cancer patient', not 'cancer survivor'...

If I get to five years clear I hopefully become a normal citizen again... Very Happy
snow report
Been to several French resorts (inc Pyrenees), Zermatt, a couple in Italy, Geilo in Norway and the resorts around Banff in Canada. Really want to try Austria as I haven't been yet (plan for next season), the US (if the exchange rate get nearer 2 again) and Chile if I ever have money to burn. Lots of others in Europe I want to try out too.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 17-01-09 23:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
queen bodecia, My ski mate just got his commercial pilots licence back as he is now 5 yrs clear. That was a hell of a career break Laughing
snow report
Scarpa, fair play to him. More people kick it than get kicked by it these days. Always great to hear of the success stories...
latest report
queen bodecia, True.. he had a fair bit of bowel removed and has to use a bag. Doesn't stop him skiing but he is fairly dismissive of the French loos for changing facilities and general lack of disabled toilets in resorts. Actually.. that's reminded me that I haven't skied with him for a while... must catch up.
latest report
Been to a few but not as many as I would like.. Nevis Range(favourite Scottish so far), Glencoe, Glenshee, Risoul, Bad Hofgastein, Soldeu(put me off Andorran skiing), Lake Louise, Norquay, Sunshine Village (least favourite of the 'big3'), Kicking Horse, Revelstoke.... Mount Buller

Would like to visit Jackson/AltaBird/Taos/Silverton and quite a few others in the US but they are my main priorities. Revelstoke when/if it receives some more lifts and they finish cutting/glading/opening the top of North Bowl! Tignes/ValD but going to tick them off on my next trip. La Grave, Cham, Engelberg, Zinal, St. Anton, Niseko (wish list for next season) and a load of others I haven't thought of right now! Oh yeh, Gulmarg!
ski holidays
Skied (in order) Sunshine Village (4 days), Le Chazelet (2 days), Alpe d'Huez, Les Arcs (4 times), Val d'Isère (half day), Tignes (half day), La Plagne (1 day), Val Thorens (3 times), Les Deux Alpes, La Grave (1 day) , Åre, Chamonix (3 days).

I want to ski Shemshak in Iran, Whistler, other routes in La Grave, anywhere in Chile and New Zealand in the summer.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 18-01-09 12:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Serre Chevalier (5), La Rosiere (3), La Thuile (3) as a result of La Ros, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Livigno, Arinsal/Pal, Mayrhofen + Zell am Ziller, 3-Valleys (all), Tignes/Val d'Espair (Espace Killy), Arcalis, Montgenevre, Xscape ( Laughing ) and Fogarida/Morileva (March 09).

Want to try Panama, Sierra Navada, Chamonix, St Anton, Porte du Soleil, Wengen, LDA, Scotland, Hokaido (?).
latest report
Only skiied in the southern French Alps. Montgenevre (2) and Serre Chevalier. This has included skiing into Claviere, Italy from Montgenevere. I would like to return to both of them in the future.

Wanting to try a hell of a lot of resorts including:

France - Val d'Isere, Les Arcs, Chamonix, Alpe d'Huez, Courchevel or Meribel.

Italy - Dolomites, been in the summer and Arabba, Cortina and Selva struck me as resorts I would like to stay. Courmayeur and La Thuile together seems like two attractive ski areas for one holiday with trips to La Rosiere.

Austria - St. Anton, Saalbach, Mayrhofen.

Switzerland - Wengen, Zermatt and St.Mortiz.

I'm sure this wish list will grow.
ski holidays
Been; Europe, Will go to; The U S of Ass.
ski holidays
Been to Glenshee, Aviemore, Nevis Range, Glencoe, Bad Gastein, Morzine, Val d'Isere, Courmayeur, St Anton (x 4/5), Belle Plagne, Claviere and Oberlech (x2) (Stuben not happening till next month)

On the wishlist - Iscghl, Zermatt, Saalbach, Are, Dolomites and to be able to afford Oberlech again Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
been to: Soldeu, Westendorf, Niederau, Soll, Saalbach, Selva, Cervinia, Sauze D'Oulx, Meribel, Les Arcs, Val Thorens, Chatel, LDA, ADH, Val D'Isere, Morgins, Whistler, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek,

On the list: Ishgl, St Anton, Solden (when the smoking ban comes in wink ), Banff, Vail, Utah
ski holidays
Stayed at:

Livigno (x2)
Torgon (PDS) (x2)
Cervinia (x2)
Ischgl (x2)
Serre Chevalier
Les Arcs/La Plagne
Tignes

and we are off to Selva and Nendaz later this season.

From those places have also skied at:

PDS - Chatel/Morgins/Champoussin/Le Croset
Zermatt
Milky Way - Sestriere/Sansicario
Val d'Isere
Alpe d'Huez

Wish list? It keeps changing, I'd like to do Chamonix when I am really good enough to do the off piste, we are doing the Dolomites next week which I have wanted for a while, but other than that I fancy trying some more Austrian resorts next season.
snow report
Skiied 3 Valleys (Courchevel, Meribel, La Tania, Val Thorens), Paradiski (Les Arcs, La Plagne), Ski Evasion (St Gervais/Megeve/Combloux), Ski Amade (Eben, Flachau) and Sella ronda (Arabba, Corvara, Colfosco, Selva)

Would like to go to:

Les Gets/Morzine
St Anton
Soll
Gressoney
Flims/Laax
Wengen/Grindelwald
Norway/Sweden
Sierra Nevada/Andorra

I think I need to win some money and pack in my job Laughing
ski holidays
Skied - various resorts in Italy with school as a child,
Chamonix,
various resorts in Austria on White Peaks Challenge,
Newfoundland (Marble Mountain and Blomidon) x5,
Panorama,
Fernie,
ADH,
Cerro Bayao Argentina,
Cerro Chapelco Argentina,
Pucon Chile,
some other places off the beaten track in Chile that i cant remember the names of . . .

Skiing this year - Jackson Hole
Scotland for a cheeky weekend when the snow right hopefully

Would like to ski - Japan!!!!!!!!! (planning for next year)
Norway
Big White/Sunshine
Utah
New Zealand (got an invite for summer 2010 from someone i met in Chile)
snow report
Been doing all my skiing out in Big White for the last 3 seasons, but would like to visit Utah, Colorado and other BC resorts eg Red Mountain, Silver Star, Revelstoke, Kicking Horse etc. Also wouldn't mind trying Japan. Looks awesome out there.
latest report
Been to:
Serre Che, Montgenevre (plus rest of Milky Way - Claviere, Sestriere etc), Pra Loup, Les Deux Alpes, Alpe d'Huez, 3 Valleys, Tignes & Val d'Isere, Flaine, Les Gets, La Clusaz, Chatel (plus Avoriaz etc), Les Arcs (plus La Plagne), Chamonix, St Anton, Zauchensee, Verbier, Saas Fee (summer skiing only), Vail (plus day trips to Beaver Creek), Whistler, Fernie (plus day trips to Big Mountain, Kimberley), The Canyons (day trips to Park City, Deer Valley, Sundance, Alta, Snowbird, Solitude).

Wish List:
Zermatt, Andermatt, Engelberg, Jackson Hole, Telluride, Mammoth, Winter Park, Aspen, Kicking Horse, Taos, Mount Baker, Alyeska, plus the place in the last Fall-Line looked cool - Retallack.
snow report
alan empty wrote:
Jackson Hole, Mount Baker, Retallack.

Ever watched the ski vid "Believe"? These are all featured and Retallack does look cool.
ski holidays
List is pretty long.

Been to:

FRANCE (ALPS) - Serre Chevalier, Val d'Isere, Les Arcs, Chamonix, Areches-Beaufort, Tignes, La Rosiere, Les 2 Alpes, Courchevel, Val Thorens, La Clusaz and, of course, Sainte Foy

FRANCE (PYRENEES) - Cauterets, Luz Ardidien, La Mongie/Bareges, Saint Lary

ITALY - Courmayeur, Passo Tonale, La Thuile

SWITZERLAND - Zermatt, Flims/Laax, Arolla

AUSTRIA - St Anton/Lech/Zurs

SCOTLAND - Nevis Range, Glencoe, Glenshee, The Lecht, Cairngorm

NEW ZEALAND - The Remarkables, Coronet Peak, Treble Cone, Cardrona, Mount Potts, Mount Olympus

CANADA - Fernie

Where would I go back to: Sainte Foy, Serre Che, Val d'Isere, Chamonix, Areches, Cauterets, Laax, St Anton, New Zealand (generally) and I'd like to go back to Fernie and actually get some snow...

Where would I like to go: Haven't been to the US. Would like to go to Mount Baker & Jackson Hole. Over here, I'd like to go to La Grave, Alagna, lots of places...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy