Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AlpenHeat Boot Warmers/Dryers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just recieved a pair of Alpen Heat Circulation UV Boot Dryer and warmer.

www.alpehheat.com i think they are an Austrian Company

They are currently being sold on e-bay as buy it now. ( Not me by the way) By a UK seller.

£19.95 plus £3.95 postage for the non uv ones
£21.95 plus £3.95 postage for the UV ones

The UV ones just have a UV LED which apparently helps kill bacteria, so as well as warming and drying, they kill the whiffy bits!!!

I have just booted them up ( excuse the pun ) and tried them out in a pair of old trainers.

Nice and toastie and warm after only ten minutes.

The warmers are very light in weight around 220 grammes, so ideal for us budget airline types!!!
Also very small and compact and come with a two pin european plug.

I got them because the chalet we stay in has no boot dryer, and last year after a week my boots were minging!!!!!

Two weeks one day to go, Hoorah!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timbobaggins,

The link didn't work nor did it find the website when typed in. Have you spelt it correctly?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timbobaggins,

It's OK I've found it on Google Search.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry try this.

http://www.alpenheat.at/circulation_uv.html?&L=0
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timbobaggins,

It says 9watt output.

Any idea how hot the heaters get? I'm frightened they may damage the heat moulded liners and footbeds?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well i have had them switched on in my old trainers for two hours now, and the bottom of the heater gets quite warm, but you can still press your hand against it.

Nothing has melted in my trainers yet!!!!!!!!!

I will probably slip them in a pair of thin socks, before putting them in my ski boots.

A mate of mine used a pair last year, and he had no melted boots
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have been using a set for 2 years and they do not get hot enough to damage anything. Remember about 55-65 degrees feels hot to your hand. I have left them in for up to 24 hours.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy