Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

question on the bindings hole postion on a Volkl Wall Am board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Not a snowboarder but just got a 2nd hand board for my son that has done 8 days boarding. Anyway the holes for the bindings and off set if you know what I mean... Looks like one set is nearer one of the tips then the other. I take it that is not the norm? He done a weeks worth of lessons in Obertauern last season and is pretty good. But is it worth us keeping the board and getting new bindings? Also why would they be off set? Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they would be offset for free riding/off piste. Take the bindings off and see where the other holes are, you should be able to offset them less, unless it's a twin tip freestyle board they will always be offset towards the rear. What board is it?

edit, I'm a bit pain killered up at the moment, didnt read properly.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 15-01-09 23:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi.

There are no bindings and it is a 156cm Volkl Wall Am twin tip.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PS.

Cheers Stab.... Sounds like it is set-up for free riding then?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dunno, it sounds like an all round board with an offset. How many sets of holes are there front and back? 5x2 for each? Most boards are setback, even some true twin tips have a cm of set back to compensate for the bigger angles people have on the front foot.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
2 sets of 4. 50cm from the front to the the first one. From the back 40cm. The gap between each set of holes is 3cms... So have the board here with my tape... I guess if I buy him some bindings and he sets them both at 50sms from the tip. Looks the the kind of board where you have your weight at the back seeing the set of holes there are only 40cms from the tip.... What I am tring to say is it might work if he sets the bindings at 50cms in at both ends..... Thanks for your help by the way....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nothing wrong with more nose than tail, standing centred is a freestyle thing, you compromise off piste riding when centred. (the nose will sink)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cheers m8.... Think I will take the board to my nearest shop and get some bindings for him then he is sorted for his trip in Feb.... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like a directional twin to me, as said above a bit more nose than tail just makes it more piste/freeride orientated.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
More nose then tail??? So have his bindings set more forward or back? Thanks
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
set more back. like the others said it means if he goes off piste a bit the nose won't sink.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Trumpton, Back. Like I say a greater nose area makes it less park orientated and more piste.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Trumpton, as mention by everyone, most boards generally have a larger length/proportion of the board at the front (of the front foot) that at the rear of the board (behind the rear foot), in the same skis have a larger length in front of the foot that behind the foot. Normally you will have at least six screw holes in the board for each binding which allows some flexibility to locate the bindings with a bias to the rear of the board (off piste powder riding) or to the front of the board (on piste easier turning front foot pressure riding). Your board sounds an average run of the mill board and worth keeping.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy