Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kirchdorf in Tirol

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was back on the slopes this afternoon and went to Kirchdorf in Tirol for about two and a half hours (first time I had skied there). Kirchdorf is a small area. There are basically two slopes, a real beginners' area with a T-bar and a rope tow (seen in this first photo)

and another piste served by a chairlift, which would suit intermediate skiers or advanced beginners.

Intermediates might use Kirchdorf as a base but would probably want to ski at the other areas nearby, if staying a whole week, e.g. St. Johann or the Steinplatte (Waidring). Both are only about quarter of an hour away by bus. The Steinplatte is behind the snowy patch at the top of the mountain in the background in the second photo.

Weather was great in the afternoon, blue sky and sun. Pistes were in good condition but still no sign of new snow. Not too many people skiing, some Brits in classes.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kirchdorf gets a bad press for both the village and the ski area and I'd find it hard to argue against it for the skiing. But I've spent many happy holidays in that area and the best thing is the access to Stienplatte, Fieberbrunn, the Kitzbuhlen Alpen and the Ski Welt, all of which are easily accessible on free, frequent and on time ski buses or even better by car. St. Johann is a cheaper alternative for staying in than Kitz, 10 mins away, and is a pretty town. Kirchdorf village is an acquired taste but I have never found anyone more welcoming and friendly than Monika, who runs the Oldie Bar, who will happily bake pizzas for customers at four/five o'clock in the morning. I think she runs on pure alcohol! Not been there for a few years though. I have nothing but warm and good thoughts and memories of the place, even if my skiing takes me elsewhere snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy