Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grenoble Airport - for those who have not been.......

Poster: A snowHead
HH,
Quote:

Sorry but don't care if reps get £360 a month or a year or a day, they've taken on the responsibility of that role so they should fulfill the requirements.

Couldn't agree more - whatever you're paid, you're there to do a job.

Ordhan, Before, upstairs - I agree that after security you only get a plastic seat and 4/5 of f*** all else, that's why it's so handy to have the info screens in the restaurant. Btw, do any airports have much in the way of bars once you go through to the departure gate?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is it worth having a general reference "sticky" that gives practical info about airports? Knowing what there is food/drink/seating-wise after security, as well as how far away the departure gates are is a very useful thing. On my 1st trip out of Geneva with EasyJet we had decided to buy a sandwich before boarding and not having a lot of time we rushed straight through to the gate. In the "pod", the little shop had run out of sarnies so we decided we'd have to buy something on the plane & by the time the trolley got to us they'd run out of sarnies too because of the high demand for them on that flight rolling eyes .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

but when you do grab your bag off the carousel you have a full 50 meters to carry it to get to the taxi/bus/car that is waiting right out side the door of the airport for you ! so not having a trolley or having to move a couple of meters to grab your bag off the carousel is not a hardship really when you can almost sniff the alpine air.

rayscoops - quite agree but not everyone just has one bag each - we ( 2 adults 2 kids ) had 4 bags , 2 boot bags and 2 ski bags and 4 carry on bags.

Agree even more with you that next time will ensure lashings of ginger beer................

John
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Butterfly, the wise easyJet passenger has a cheese and ham roll, a packet of crisps and an apple in their handbag before they leave home.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can anybody recommend a transfer company from Grenoble to Courchevel??Got a few pals who have just booked to come out midweek for a few days....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
barthez1980, Agbus
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, taking food with us wasn't an option that day & we were supposed to be stopping en route to GVA where we had planned to buy something. However the traffic had other ideas & there was no time to stop or do anything but hare through checkin with a very hasty loo stop & go straight to the gate Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Butterfly, lesson learned then wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, yes, don't rely on the TO's timings! We were told what time we would be picked up for the journey to the airport & assumed they would know how long it took & what kind of traffic to expect!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We once ended up with starving kids aged 7 and 8 having left the hotel hours before we needes to, Hotel hadn't provided an early breakfast (like they did on a previous occasion). No shops open to even buy a croissant as it was too early, and as we'd expected to get breakfast before we left, not a lot of cash for buying stuff in exorbitant Swiss Francs at Geneva. At least it was a charter with meal service at the time, but by the time our delayed flight left they were very grumpy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have recently been to Alpe duez and used Grenoble airport for the first time.
Firstly... no airports are great when it comes to handling ski/board equipment (my last set were used as a ram rod to squeeze other ski's into a crate... i saw them out of the plan window!)
We arrived on the 3rd jan, were made to wait outside the airport for 30 mins before being let off the tarmac. When we did get in the put our baggage on the carosel after another 30 mins or so. half of it came out and then a ryanair flights bags were thrown into the mix. At this stage they were no where to be seen (prob still waiting outside to get in!)

after the carosel filled with another flights bags, no more of ours could be put on it. there were 2 other carosels not being used at this stage. all in all in took nearly 2 hours to get out of the airport from landing.

we came back on the 10th. The flight we had was delayed by 3 hours (not the airports / reps fault). Another plane was sent that was 40 people too small. the reps told everyone that families were first, then 'first come first served' those not on the flight delayed by three hours would have to get a flight to liverpool 6 hours later and get a coach to manchester (although your baggage would go on the first flight and presumable go round on the carosels until you got there 6 hours later. Again, not the fault of the airport.

after saying first come first served it was manic. 100's of people started queing before they should in 2 lanes to nsure they got the first flight. they then opened another 2 lanes and everyone at the back pushed in and got the flight. nobody tried to keep any order in the terminal and at one point poeple arriving couldnt even get in the terminal because there were 100's of people queing up for no reason.

Last negative, Im all for airport security but we had our passports checked 7 times. went through one control point to que to get our bags checked, passport checked, then literally 20 meters away it was checked again by the lady loading our bags into the scanner... why she needed to see I dont know... Its a shame they are not as thorough at the euro-tunnel!

One positive... the cup of coffee i had was top!

like a few people have said, it appears ok during the week but to be avoided if possible at weekends.. I know this isnt easy.
apologies if your about to use grenoble airport, I hope you have a better time than we did.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dsoutar, a lollipop lady only works ten hours a week.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
and quite right too
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alltnaha, Entirely agree Grneoble airport is terrible.

Have just returned this evening from Grenoble airport our flight was 7pm. Complete chaos and like a third world refuge centre. No information on the screens (they all seemed to say different things), then an annoucement that our BA flight was boarding and they were calling last passengers Shocked . After queueing like sheep to get through security, we then sat on a bus for 20 minutes before the driver took us on a grand tour of the airport in the pouring rain looking for our plane! It surely can't be hard to spot - um....a big thing with British Airways splashed down the side rolling eyes

Somehow through the luck of the gods, we took off on time. However, this is one airport I would try and avoid in future during ski season.

Anyway, forget that. This morning at 9am I was skiing a red run down to La Praz covered in fresh powder, no one else on it. Such was the snow in Courchevel 1850 snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Having been diverted to Bergammo from Bresica today, all these wee places are the same. They are crap. When 5 A320s arrive within 30 mins. Mid week on scheduled, they are fine.

Bresica fecked up on us today as their ILS was broke. All credit to the reps who got us to Bergammo and Bergammo staff who dealt with normal traffic plus another 10 flights. 3 hr delay, but got home safe and sound.
ski holidays
So ...... small airports struggle on Saturdays during the ski season when they are inundated with three times as many people as they were designed for.

Hold the front page. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Went through Grenoble on the 3rd and 10th Jan. After we had walked to the Terminal from the plane (which isnt a big deal) we were made to wait outside for 20 mins for some strange reason. When we got inside to pick up our luggage only 1 carousel was working. Unfortunately another plane had landed and their luggage was put on the same carousel so you had afew hundred people stood around not being happy bunnies. 1 and half hours later we were on the bus Smile but had to wait for others to collect thier luggage Crying or Very sad .

The way back was much better. We were told to get as near as we could to the check in as 30 people would be dissapointed as their wasnt enough seats on the plane. So thier was a sort of scrum and jockying for a decent position at the front. In the mean time other people were trying to get their luggage and themselves to the front but we were in the way. Tannoy messages and small signs on A4 paper said no boots or helmets in hand luggage, so you had most people unpacking and trying to get helmets etc in the cases. You also had people with skis dropping off the luggage then walking to a different point to check their skis in which added to the mayhem.

Only 2 x ray machines working..... I could carry on for ages to be honest but just cant be arsed. I wouldnt fly to Grenoble again
ski holidays
......and that's why I usually drive over.
latest report
My son and his friends travelled through Grenoble this Jan. On the way home they were put on a bus on the runway and the driver kept stopping at various planes, getting out, and asking if 'this one was the plane to Bristol'. Shocked
latest report
Innsbruck is normally a great little airport but we got stuck there last year along with another four delayed flights
Then it is really no fun
Not enough seats for everyone
The problem with all small arports is that on Saturdays in the ski season they are at capacity the rest of the time they are fine so not an incentive to invest a lot of dosh on extra facilities
The reason our flight was delay was it had been stuck at Geneva earlier in the day now there is a big airport that is a pain
snow conditions
just got back from Grenoble.Horrendous on the way out.Horrendous on the way back!!Avoid at all costs!! Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy