Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip Suggestion, 3 days, 2 nights? Is it possible?

Poster: A snowHead
I was wondering whether I can pick someone’s brain.

The wife and I need a ski fix, we are looking for a very short break, due to timeconstraints, (leaving child with Grandparents)

Is it possible to fly out first thing say on a Monday, Ski that half day, all Tuesday and Wednesday and get the late flight back Wednesday night?

If it’s possible, could someone make a suggestion of a good resort to head to?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yeah easy enough if you live near an airport with the flights. Geneava probably your best bet as destination airport as lots of flights go there and theres plenty of resorts within easy drive\train.. getting on the slopes by monday afternoon might be a push but i'm sure if your flights early enough and the resort close to a hub then its probably doable
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

Me and hubby (also leaving little one with grandparents) are flying out friday am on the first flight to Salzburg from Stanstead @06.45 we are being met at the airport and taken to Fieberbrunn approx 1 hour transfer we then ski friday pm, sat, sun, mon then last flight home mon eve @21.25.

The company we are using is snowscape and they can tailor the break to your needs and number of nights, we were thinking originally coming back Sun eve last flight but managed to wrangle another day. The guy at snowscape is really helpful and they go to a number of resorts. The prices were really good and we are staying in a lovely looking 3* hotel half board.

I did a search online and found lots of other companies that could do short breaks, but it was flights for us that were the issue, still is really as we live in Nottingham and it is going to be an early start!

Very Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 14-01-09 16:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers Papasmurf,

I am near Gatwick and did get onto Flaine in the afternoon. So I was going to have a look at that, and I was wondering if there where any other places that it would be doable?

Do you know if there a website anywhere that lists tranfers time of resorts to Airports?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

The company we are using is snowscape and they can tailor the break to your needs and number of nights, we were thinking originally coming back Sun eve last flight but managed to wrangle another day. The guy at snowscape is really helpful and they go to a number of resorts. The prices were really good and we are staying in a lovely looking 3* hotel half board.

Cheers Sparkygirl, I shall have a look at these chaps
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PJ, Ryanair have decent flight times from Stanstead to Friedrichshafen, ie early out late back. St Anton is about 2 hours away, or possibly quicker if not going at weekends - 120 km away. There are other resorts within easy reach too, but St Anton would be my choice as I am completely biased Razz
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PJ, yes yes and thrice yes!!

We've had a lot of clients do it this season...... 90minutes after they leave Geneva they're kitted out and in the telecabine on their way!!

On their 3rd day, ski all day and get a late flight, lose the hour and get home at a sensible time!

If you need a hand let me know...................... (snowheads rates of course Toofy Grin )
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i did it any times to chamonix and verbier. your flight back from geneva should be no earlier than 8.30 otherwise you'll ski half a day. i would suggest flying sunday night to geneva so you wake up in the resort and ski another half day
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PJ, I have done that in Grand Massif and PdS - as long as you get an early flight and are motivated to get onto the slopes quickly when you arrive (and why wouldn't you be Very Happy ) you can ski, say Monday pm, all day Tues/Weds and set off back to GVA late afternoon, for an evening flight. You may be knackered, but in a nice way Very Happy You can arrange ski hire and lift passes to be ready on arrival too, with most chalet owners. S/C is often less flexible unless a late booking where the owners/managers know they won't sell a full week - go for it!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
St Gervais also very easy that way and not expensive wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PJ, have a look at ryan air it tells you which resorts are near certain airoports..

also jet2ski for advice and also I believe a more comprehenisve list of resorts near airports and distance in hours from them..

resorts near airports map
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PJ, I always do a short break like that, although we fly out early on Sunday instead, so get an extra day. Have done Tignes, Chamonix and, this year, Morzine. Geneva works well as there are a good number of places within an hour (PdS, for instance).

Leaving Luton on an 8:30am flight, we have generally been in a position to ski by about 1:30. One of the keys is to have as much as possible booked in advance; you can get passes sent to your British address; get ski hire (if needed) booked in advance etc. We've used apartments as there are 5 of us, but there are always accom. options about if you trawl the web. We have generally skied until approx 4pm on day of departure, and been checked in by 7:30pm for a half nine flight.

Aways found the J2Ski site very useful. http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Geneva.html

Also, the missus has stayed in La Tania in the 3V at the Hotel Telemark, who seem to positively encourage short breaks.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I once picked up some friends at 8pm at Gatwick airport on Friday night after work and then drove to Vaujany.

I arrived at 9am Saturday morning. Skied all day Saturday, flaked out as soon as I got off the slopes and skied all day Sunday. At 4pm we got back in the car and drove back to Dover, getting a 1am ferry. Back at my desk at 9am Monday morning sporting a goggle tan.

Never again.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers chaps, some wonderful advice, I feel I just might be able to ski again!!!!

I shall have fun looking at all of these leads
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PJ, back in the days before ankle-biters, I used to do mad weekend dashes usually on a Thursday after work, get to resort before lifts opened, packing up late afternoon on Sunday to make it back for work Monday morning. And that was before Eurotunnel. Shocked Even tried Aviemore once, but decided after that to stick to resorts with snow Evil or Very Mad

Gave up on overnight drives a few years ago, having swapped stamina for weight. These days it works thus; Geneva flight Friday night, Holiday Autos (so you get max slope time) to PdS, ski from Saturday lifts open till lifts close Monday afternoon, flight back Monday night. As rainman says the trick is to have everything pre-booked so you just walk in and collect. For this, go to a resort you know inside out, or have friendly chalet owners who can do it for you.
latest report
PJ, There are a couple of threads around listing resorts within a couple of hours of GVA. Give the search function a whirl. Masses of choice.
ski holidays
The hotel Kitenski linked to on an Engelberg thread does packages for about that length of time
snow report
PJ, it's certainly possible but if you can squeeze an extra night would be so much better, to get x2 half days and x2 full days.
snow conditions
PJ, give us a try in Morzine. PDS. Transfer time about 1 hour 25. Early and late Gatwick flights available BA and Easyjet.
We offer B&B accomodation, so you can sample the local restaurants in the evenings. Or if on a budget you can just bring in Pizza's.
Let us know when you were thinking of coming and we can see if a snowHead deal can be done.
Contact Nina on apexgroup@free.fr
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy