Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zardoz NotWax...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
vetski, it won't be long before you have your own little ski tuning area. Damned addictive and even after a couple of tries you can see the difference to simply handing your skis over to a shop for a standard service. When they are your own pride and joy... you take damned good care of them.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spyderjon, Is there any benefit of adopting the same approach as Scarpa, and the dryslope racers do of combining ZN with your normal wax when skiing on snow?

I'm thinking if you know in advance that the only 'top up' you will have during a week's skiing is a wipe over with ZN every day or so, will you see any real benefit of combining ZN with your normal waxing routine (prior to skiing) or is it marginal compared to a wipe over after waxing? I appreciate that in one instance the ZN is 'impregnated' into the bases with your wax and the other it 'sits on top' of the wax, but is it really 6 and two 3s for say a week on the snow? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sleipnir, The mixing of ZN in with hard wax for dryslope racing really does work & it's no extra effort to do. I also think it makes the surplus hard wax a bit easier to scrape off.

On pucka snow the best method is multiple waxings/brushings which is what I do so I hardly ever use ZN. It's easy for me though as if I'm running my hotbox for a customer I can just lob my skis in at the same time. Mixing in the ZN with the wax is a good idea if you're only going to do one wax application - it certainly can't do any harm.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bit of a hijack (sorry). What's the best wax to use for snowdome snow?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your thoughts spyderjon. So the upshot is, it can't do any harm, but better still, buy a hotbox from you!! Very Happy Very Happy wink

ickabodblue, the advice I once received from spyderjon, was to wax as if you are skiing on a dryslope, as the snow is agressive/crystaline. The PolarX manufactured by Data Wax is good for dryslopes and used by many snowHead (me included). I do have some Swix wax that claims to be for inside skiing, but whether this is just a marketing gimmick I don't know.

spyderjon, is the lime Dominator Zoom wax you supply up for indoors use?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sleipnir, Thanks for that. I use the PolarX on his skis normally as he usually only skis on the dryslope but he has a few sessions booked at Xscape this season. Good to know I don't have to rush out and get anything different.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ickabodblue, The 'white sand' in snowdomes is very aggressive on bases so PolarX is good however if you're racing in the domes I'd go with a good uni wax (ie Dominator Lime or Holmenkol Uni) with a ZN overlay to get some waft up out of the start.

Sleipnir, I use Dom Lime at Castleford but then I wax regularly anyway. If I was doing a lot of snowdome skiing I'd use PolarX for better durability.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, Thanks, I've ordered them from your website, lets hope he gets plenty of "waft" Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just out of interest spyderjon, since this thread how many have you sold ?? Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
anotherproblem, not enough to retire!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon, ah well one of them was me Very Happy looks great in the box, just need to go pick up the damned ski's and get to the alps !
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, I get two seasons out of each tub of Zardoz... average 21 applications. So I'm afraid that I won't be ordering again until late 2009. Best cancel the yacht Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If it saves anyone some time I spent a lot of time searching the web looking for the best deal on a Zardoz pocket puck early last year. At that time (don't know since), there was no-where that was cheaper to get it from inc. postage than from Spyderjon's web site as posted above.

Believe it or not, i bought a puck for 7-99 at snow and rock!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, I just checked out your website-very informative. Whilst i was at my local store this week i noticed a brand of servicing equipment called sidecut that was substantially higher priced than the other brand in stock(toko). Do you have any thoughts or opinions on this brand?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ordered my wax from spyderjon, late Thursday and received it this morning. How's that for service!! snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy