Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First time in Soll, Austria any advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@gandie,
Most of us are about ready for a home wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if your travelling tomorrow you wont be sleeping if your as excited as I woud be so when you get to soll try to make it to above ellmau for lunch either go early or late to the restaurant I think is called Brenner alm and try to get a window table the views are great as is the grub ive stayed at the tyrol and it was fine pleasant and welcoming only downside was small room but that's skiing and the better skiers should really having got round the hohe salve try for a day in westendorf or even further towards kitzbuhel have fun
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@tonsky, do not miss the moonlight bar just before the you get to the gondola on way home at the bottom. Proper Austrian affair Europop to go with the schnapps. You can then let gravity do the rest down the nursery slope for a 5 minute walk into town. I wouldn't bother with lockers as the free bus is very punctual and a good service in the morning and the lockers can get crowded.
If you're going with Neilson. Do their guiding day it's great fun and they take you to the most amazing old barn now restaurant, think Heidi (yes I know she was Swiss).
Kaiserschmarrn and then any dumplings you see are both musts! The food and beer are great value for money compared to France and Switzerland.

Skiing is great fun but not that challenging for your experts as suggested above. You're well placed in the middle where Soll is so we went one way one day then the other the next.

Try the tobogganing too that was great fun!

Enjoy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Leave your gear in the Edinger garage at the Gondola. Rep will prop try to get you to use Stoll, which is freezing cold, self service open shelves, and a right pain- you end up still having to jump on the bus with your gear. For apres go to the SalvenStadl, and there are so many lovely restaurants you will be spoiled for choice. The StocklAlm down in the bowl does amazing rotisserie chicken, and watch out for the Oberhausberg restaurant halfway down the blue family run down to Soll village, definitely get the schnitzel in there, it's a local treasure Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you're going with Crystal, download their ski app onto your phone. It's really good for ski routes and track-your-friends and other useful stuff. The ski welt piste map is very hard to follow in parts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go for a apre in the Whiskey Mule 🍷😉
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy