Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Au im Bregenzerwald Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for carled's resort report:

Au im Bregenzerwald (January 2009)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I work in Immenstaad, just down the lake from Friedrichshafen. Although I have to fly home from Zurich as Friedrichshafen airport only serves Stanstead. Book well ahead and you get some bargains though.

If your driving it's not much further to get to St Anton or Lech and a far better resort. Bregenzerwald is a slow road once your in the valley and skiing is far better in Lech and St Anton.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thx for this report - very useful.

We're tossing up a week based somewhere in Bregenzerwald and busing around the 3-ish major hills against doing the same in Montafon area. Snow record in Warth/etc is very attractive and assuming it's pretty quiet, that means chances of pow are decent. But more terrain in Montafon area, I think.

Would appreciate any thoughts from folks who've been to either place (going to Lech the week before BTW)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was wondering about the 3 Täler region as I can get a season ticket that includes that as well as many local ski areas here.

Of particular interest is Damüls which looks to have a very modern lift infrastructure. Anybody ever been there?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nessy, Damuels does look a pretty good spot - was contemplating basing us there for a week. I'd love to hear more.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gortonator, check out this http://www.wtss.co.uk/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=301&id=970 Where are you staying in Lech?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am off to Bregenzerwald tonight for a spot of floodlit skiing. Never tried it before, hopefully the lights are bright enough
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boabski, thx - thinking of maybe staying at Warth as there seems a few decent hotels, and using bus to explore other areas. See what deals I can get compared to somewhere in Montafon area and then decide.

Staying at hotel Laerchenhof in Lech - stayed there 3 years ago and it was very pleasant. Top breakfast, excellent wellness area, friendly owners and not overly pricey. 5 min walk to lifts in village and on the ski run home from Zuers
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gortonator
if your going to travel it might be better to stay more central, Au maybe, then you have quick access to warth, damuls, diadamskopf and others. Warth is right at the end of the valley and a longer bus ride to everywhere else.

Warth to Au is a good 30min on the bus
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
also note there is no winter link from warth to lech, the road has been closed since late november
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gortonator, Warth has most snow in alps and would like to try there some time. Was talk of it being linked with Lech but looks like this will not be going ahead afterall. As stevev, says the road from Lech is closed in winter ao might be a bit of a treck from Lech to Warth, even though the lifts etc are clearly visable from Lech
Enjoy your trip
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lech to Warth is at least a 2 hour drive in winter, all the way back out of bregenzerwald and up the motorway to innsbruck and st anton
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stevev, thx - and yep, aware of road closed - i've seen Warth from top of Lech too!

Is Au at base of decent sized ski hill? The geography in taht valley is a little confusing. Looking to stay at base of one of the 3 decent sized local areas so if it dumps, local pow can be quickly accessed. A 30 min bus ride is no worries as long as bus arrives before lifts open Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stevev wrote:
Lech to Warth is at least a 2 hour drive in winter, all the way back out of bregenzerwald and up the motorway to innsbruck and st anton

shame there's no oversnow link. here in USA I'd be able to persuade someone to give us a ride with bags on a snow mobile for 50 bucks:)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Au is just down the road, 5min, form Diadamskopf. That is one of the 3 bigger ones. Warth is probably 15min drive, Damuls a bit less. There is probably a bus timetable on this site
http://www.3taeler.at/www/index.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy