Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The world's best ski instructor is ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
... to be decided by this event in Whistler next April. The 2005 World Ski School Championships will judge the performance of ski instructors from around the globe in "short turns, big turns, GS turns, bumps and 'alpine run'".

There's prize money of up to $5000 for the winner, an opportunity for ski schools to compete in a team event, and a qualifying event for the World Powder 8 Championships.

But I suspect that the world's best ski instructor is actually the world's most effective at teaching - not something that's necessarily judged by a 'beauty' contest. Still, we can expect some very beautifully executed turns at this event!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

But I suspect that the world's best ski instructor is actually the world's most effective at teaching

My thoughts exactly!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Men and Women athletes will compete in five runs over 3 days to determine the best professional skier in the world!

It doesn't claim to be anything to do with instructing standards or ability. You simply have to be a professional or an instructor to enter a skiing competition. But I have to admit the title of the event is misleading.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ian, you're actually quite right. There's an interesting blurring of the terms 'professional skier' and 'ski school', and no mention of 'ski teacher' or 'ski instructor'.

I imagine they're expecting ski techniques to be demonstated to very high and precise standards - which a professional ski racer would normally be hopeless at, because they're not concerned with aesthetics. So this term 'professional skier' is slightly ambiguous.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy