Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

best boot fitter in london?

Poster: A snowHead
I am about to buy my first pair of boots to go on a ski instructor course with so i want them to be fitted pretty bloody perfectly, as i have always had problems when in resorts with my feet. does anyone know if snow and rock is actually any good? or is there someone better to got to in london? i did look at pro feet but it seems awfully expensive.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
morry, An hour up the M40, go to Bicester, see CEM at www.solutions4feet.co.uk Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Profeet have done a good job for me. They will sell you boots or put footbeds in your own boots. The footbeds are pricey, but you get any number of sessions afterwards to get the fit right. The problem is that if it feels right at their place, you don't know that the fit isn't right until you're on hols, but that's the problem with any out of resort fitter. There may well be better bootfitters here or abroad, but I've been happy enough with them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And if it has to be London, ask for Jimmy at Profeet. He did an excellent job on mine. Have just returned from a two-week trip and I had no problems.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beat me to it!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
richmond, Profeet are fine unless the ticking clock hits the 1 hour limit Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for CEM but he shod my hooves last week and squeezed me into even smaller tighter plastic ! Have been wearing them in the house and apart from being tight no agonising pressure points yet

And CEM is lovely snowHead he is the first snowHead I met and an absolute delight
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM in Bicester. Lovely chap who will only sell you something if it's right for you.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another recommendation for profeet in London - they sorted out the OH's very problematic feet and didn't want to sell me a new pair, despite my being there clutching my hard-saved pocket money
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
another vote for CEM and the trip to Bicester Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jimmy @ Profeet.....Fulham, London.

morry, Spend the money, it is so worth it, your skiing will be instanly more enjoyable, comfortanble and you should be much improved. A good fiiting boot really is the panacea, miracle drug!

Personally if you are going to veer out of London I would do a long weekend in Chamonix, keep costs low, hit le Vagabond hostel which conveniently is 5 min walk from the zoo (bootfitters)!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i have been fitted by both jimmy and CEM. can recommend both but would go back to CEM. Also enquire about getting your balance and alignment done by andi who works with CEM on weekends.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was fitted some time ago by Hamish at Profeet, and more recently by CEM at his place in Bicester. Both provided an excellent service, way above anything I've received in S&R over the years. For future boot fitting services I will be visiting CEM even though Profeet is considerably closer. I've also be attended to by SZK so if you're near Chamonix at any time he would also be a good option for you.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rich wrote:
richmond, Profeet are fine unless the ticking clock hits the 1 hour limit Evil or Very Mad

I've been in there for longer than that a couple of times. Maybe I was lucky, my visits were all on week day mornings, I think, presumably not their busiest time (although there were usually a couple of people waiting), but the impression I have is that they would do what they deemed necessary.

The only UK comparison I can make is with S&R: Profeet are in a completely different league.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rich wrote:
Profeet are fine unless the ticking clock hits the 1 hour limit
That certainly wasn't my experience - I was there for over an hour-and-a-half.
ski holidays
i had almost two hours at Profeet with a couple goes at boot grinding... also came back once for a tweak at no additional cost. they also have partners in resort that can adjust when on hols.
ski holidays
skimottaret, I didn't know that. Why did they tell you and not me? It's not fair.
latest report
richmond, it was certainly the case last year and they had a tie up with FreeRide in Meribel

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 20-01-09 21:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
skimottaret, Really, odd, i was with Darren (Freeride Owner) last week and he didn't mention it. Puzzled
ski holidays
Profeet have a link to Freeride in Meribel on their website, so presumably they rate them, and vv.

And now I've noticed that they claim that their 'Fit partners' (?), namely Freeride in Courchevel and Meribel, offer free fitting in resort.
ski holidays
Helen LS wrote:
And CEM is lovely snowHead he is the first snowHead I met and an absolute delight

Are you sure that was CEM you met Puzzled

wink Pieman gets my vote too. Great knowledge, service and hospitality - well worth the short drive to Bicester.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, might have been just a rumour but i heard they had changed ownership and D was now a director of some description with the new firm... perhaps not the right place to spread that sort of info. i have edited previous post..
snow report
Helen LS wrote:

The Breakfasts are pretty good too. Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy