Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

youve gotta love your bindings

Poster: A snowHead
ive had my back binding come loose 2 days in a row,even tho it was well tight
my front binding came loose once
my rear toe strap kept falling off my boot,that made it lively
ive never had this problem before

anyone else suffered?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
loctite. I see it every other day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blimey. Note to self - Buy some threadlock for kitbag!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
dont go mental with it though, it supposedly doesnt do the board many favors. I use a not so strong one.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i did use red threadlock but they still came undone Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nigel b, did you use washers? I normally only see bindings coming loose when there was ice/water/something else in the threads. Maybe too much threadlock?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, i use the standard burton washers
they were 100% clean when i used it
never had the problem before
the more worrying thing is the cap strap coming loose,happened a few times
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nigel b wrote:
the more worrying thing is the cap strap coming loose,happened a few times

Always use "Ny-lock" type nuts, and make sure that the threads of the bolt/screw protrude past the nut by a couple of threads when tight.

"Ny-lock" nuts have the little plastic ring that grips the bolt so they shouldn't undo. Careful with Ny-locks if you re-use them too many times as the loose their bite. For the cost tighten 'em two or three times, then discard. you can tell when you nip 'em up if they've lost their bite, they'll wind on too easily. A new nut will give you an idea how much bite they should have.

Use A2 or similar high tensile stainless steel fasteners (nut/bolt), cut bolts to length if needs be.

The best nuts are all stainless with a deformed last couple of threads, and no insert, and last almost a lifetime, though hard to get.

John.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
this is putting me off strap bindings Shocked I thought they were supposed to be reliable Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops wrote:
this is putting me off strap bindings Shocked I thought they were supposed to be reliable Puzzled

Doesn't put me off straps, just puts me off buying Burton even more...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops wrote:

They are. Never had a single problem, 'cept maybe rachets dropping off a click or two when iced up.

Like most things in life, a little preparation goes a long way. See below.

Criticism of strappies not altogether unexpected.............. wink

John.

p.s. I know there's a lot of info regarding the mechanics of boarding around, but maybe a few posts regarding the regular/daily maintenance, mini tune ups and general tips that day to day can make boarding a better "user experience"? No disrespect, but there seem to be a lot of people who's board only gets a real looksie when it goes in a shop. Knowing your equipment is vital in getting the most out of it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Never had a problem with our Ride bindings
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:

Always used Ride, currently on some SP1's, maybe three years old. Never found a real reason to change, maybe just lazy. Or is it better the devil you know?

My boards probably older than some snowHead , but having tried others, not really found anything else that I prefer.

John.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The last two trips when I have hired my gear i had straps and both times they snapped when i was on the mountain, so maybe it is a maintenance issue and the plastic suffers from fatigue just like anything else
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've never had a strap break - been using straps since 2000.
I have changed my bindings a few times over that period though, so maybe haven't got to the point of too much wear.
Used my current C60s for about 25 days with no problems.

Someone (stab?) was suggesting the way bindings are stored in the warmth could cause problems.
ski holidays
Jagerbull, hired bindings get a proper hammering in comparison to our self owned ones, I would take my bindings with me on a weekend trip even if I did not take my board !!, unless I was Nigelb and then it seems that he should just bin his and get some new ones Laughing
ski holidays
BCjohnny, i know all about ny-locs,threads etc.. as im an engineer
first ever major problem with these bindings in 4 trips
ill give them a complete strip down to see what they are like in 2 weeks time
snow conditions
If you're having all these problems with your bindings, there's something wrong with your setup. Have 4 sets of Burton bindings on 4 different boards, not a single loose screw all last season (92 days riding). No ny-loc, no loc-tite, no maintenance.

If you're base-plate bolts are coming loose, they're probably too long.

Not interested in using anything other than Burton bindings, used them for 10 years and they've been utterly reliable. Everything else out there looks clunky and uncomfortable by comparison.
ski holidays
rayscoops, they are only last seasons c60's
they perform wicked but this is the first problem ive had
innsbruck will tell if they come loose Very Happy
stevomcd, i was thinking of taking a little bit off the bolts just in case they are slightly too long(only .5-1.0mm)
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:

ride is fast replacing burton as my most repaired binding. The crap thing with ride is nothing fits them from burton/salomon etc. Normally I can rig something up to get people back on the mountain, ride I have no chance.
snow conditions
nigel b, your new boots are too big for them wink get new ones Very Happy
snow report
rayscoops, they were ok in val t Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy