Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How long does a pair of ski's last?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How longs a piece of string BUT the bootfitters hint at a design life of a pair of ski boots, so how long is the design life of a pair of ski's Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In my case about 2 weeks.

New 'un's arrive next week Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends on the construction but some lightweight foam core skis can be getting a bit tired after 50-60 days (they still ski but may not hold an edge as well or feel as dynamic initiating or exiting turns). Otherwise I would have thought 120 days would be about right to account for edge wear, base damage etc.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing wrote:
how long is the design life of a pair of ski's Puzzled

Design life ? My interpretation of that is that the 'design life' is probably just less than one season Madeye-Smiley

My previous planks ( Volkl Vertigo G2 ) have just been superceded by some shiny new Volkl AC30's Cool and they lasted about 5 seasons ( so approx 10 weeks ), but rather shamefully I have to admit that there was nothing really wrong with the old ones - other than the fact that they were a bit skinny underfoot - and I bought new ones to match my new jacket wink Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
at this rate, mine are going to last for ever!

Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mine last until roughly my credit card balnace reaches zero.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just consigned mine to the bin....bought them in 1999 skied several seasons as aholiday maker averaging 2/3 weeks per year and for 2 seasons living in resort and skiing on average 4 times a week so close to 300 days skiing............good value me thinks!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought it was until the ski lost its camber.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd say 120-150 day upwards so at least 10 years for the "average" holidaymaker assuming no terminal core/edge shots. Of course fashion and design will have moved on well before the skis expire.

If a manufacturer doesn't make skis that even last the season on the feet of a seasonnaire then its a pretty duff deal. In unrelated news any reason for Solly's return to wood cores?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It depends a lot on where you ski and how you maintain your skis. If there are lots of rocks about and you hit them often then they don't tend to last very long (a few weeks or less). If you're skiing fresh powder and piste they can last for years, particularly if you hand tune them and avoid the ski shop grinders. But I tend to replace mine long before they wear out, simply out of new ski desire.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you land jumps with my lack of elegance the foam core skis last about 10 weeks. I'm hoping pair number two are a lot stronger (wood and titanium) snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon wrote:
New 'un's arrive next week Cool

Too late?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy