Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage from the UK

Poster: A snowHead
elj221c, If all else fails or panic sets in simply wave your box out of the window, and the signal gets picked up straight away Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
elj221c, don't worry, if there is a small gap there in the screen, it will work. As richmond says, there is always nearly a space behind the mirror. If not, just wave it outside the window as you drive through and it will work.

Ah - I see I have just repeated what Boredsurfing has said above - should have refreshed my screen... rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought I would add to one of these telepeage threads that I've just succeeded in getting a new windscreen holder for my telepeage device - I lost the original one when the ex took his car rolling eyes . The Sanef website had a English flag so I clicked this and then on the reduced website that you get access to I filled in the contact page with my request and added all my account details and address. I did this 2 or 3 weeks ago, can't quite remember when and was just thinking it had all got lost in translation when today a new holder turned up posted all the way from France Very Happy If I make sense of the French letter accompanying it I think it will cost me 1 Euro the next time I use the telepeage device. I think this is eminently reasonable considering it required manufacturing and posting and it will save me messing round with sticky velcro and will make a neater easier job of mounting the box in my car. Hope this is useful to someone.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, Think positive you got rid of the ex and gained a telepeage holder. Trust me, even as a man I don't underestimate the usefulness of a telepeage holder.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

as a man I don't underestimate the usefulness of a telepeage holder.

FFS just sling it on the dash, it still works Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Quote:

as a man I don't underestimate the usefulness of a telepeage holder.

FFS just sling it on the dash, it still works Toofy Grin

I am talking Telepeage holder here mate but if you can sling yours up on the dashboard and it still works good luck to you but be careful you could be arrested fro that sort of behaviour Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, or at least moderated wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought I would add an update.
My APRR box worked just fine from behind the mirror despite the heated screen.
It didn't save a great deal of time, though. I was expecting serious queues as it was half term week but I supose because of our travel times, 0228 Saturday out and 0040 Sunday back, that wasn't the case. I have to say, though, that it saved all the cursing by the dozing passenger trying to find ticket and cash ! Smile Thanks to all for the info and inspiration.
Just waiting now for the credit card bill. Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
elj221c wrote:
I thought I would add an update.
My APRR box worked just fine from behind the mirror despite the heated screen.
It didn't save a great deal of time, though. I was expecting serious queues as it was half term week but I supose because of our travel times, 0228 Saturday out and 0040 Sunday back, that wasn't the case. I have to say, though, that it saved all the cursing by the dozing passenger trying to find ticket and cash ! Smile Thanks to all for the info and inspiration.
Just waiting now for the credit card bill. Sad

I can believe it didn't save time either, but I guess its worth the financial outlay to avoid cursing by dozy passengers wink
Be aware when reading your credit card bill the charges can be spread over 2 statements, and on one occasion I had them spread over 3 Confused
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Quote:

I guess its worth the financial outlay

Much better value and about the same cost as the Austrian vignette (€10 v €8.3)considering the short time spent on the motorway from Bregenz to St Anton. Especially as we got on the side roads via Dornbirn and through Bregenz to avoid the enevitable 'stau' at the Pfander tunnel on the way home.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Reporting back:

This saved a bunch of time on the way down, particularly after Lyon (Going to Les Arcs)

However on the way back, twice we had to take a tacket when joining the M-Way as it did not register. It did however register on leaving the M-Way just as we were about to pay using the ticket, but it opened the barrier but did not beep. I await the bill with interest.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ringingmaster, if that happens much, best take the lanes which combine telepeage with a person to talk to - then you can just hand them your badge, and there's no chance of being billed twice.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, Thanks for the advice

I did not pay using the ticket as the barrier opened just in time. However I don't think that there is any way that they can tell what junction I got on at, and may charge me extra.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ringingmaster, Probabaly like a lost car park ticket......they charge for the full day so the full length of the motorway Shocked
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, JulesB once lost the toll ticket after a rather boozy lunch in Beaune. I did the driving, but the toll ticekt vanished on the journey. We were charged from Marseilles to Reims.
snow report
My Sanef tag did not work on the recent trip to Ste Foy over Easter and the people in the pay booths were not very helpful, I have had for approx 4/5 years now and was told the battery could have run down as friends also had the same problem over Easter.
Has this happened to any one else?
ski holidays
Fogliettaz, no, but you just need to take it to the SANEF office, at the first toll booth south of Calais to get it replaced I think. If it happened in a different autoroute area they probably couldn't help.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, I would have done but I was travelling over the weekend and back again on Easter Monday and all offices were shut. I have just emailed them as I have got to go back and decorate in a few weeks!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy