Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz & PdS ski passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Complete newby here heading to Les Prodains at the weekend and signed up for 3 days snowboarding tuition with Avoriaz Alpine Ski School.

Have looked everywhere online and on here, but can't fathom exactly what all the different ski passes cover (Avoriaz, Morzine, PdS) and which one I need to get and where that lets me go!

Any assistance greatfully received.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads ericezza.
a
If "complete newby" means "new to snowboarding" (as opposed to SnowHeads) then you'll just want an Avoriaz lift pass, which will cover more area than you'll be able to cover.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Complete newby here, as well as to snowboarding!
Thanks for the reply... do you know if that includes the cable car up from Les Prodains as well?
There is also a Snowboarding pass available - but I have no idea what that gives you in addition/instead of a normal pass (it's about half the price btw)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ericezza, yes, the Avoriaz pass includes the cable car.

I've no idea what the "Snowboarding" pass is sorry. To be honest I didn't even know it existed, but at 33.80€ for an adult for two days it's a bit of a bargain.

Maybe it's half the price because you'll spent half the time sat on your back bottom Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is one of the best PDS piste maps I've found. Avoriaz pass presumably covers the 'purple' area. The only thing about it is it doesn't tell you the lift direction - the massive PDS one does - but doesn't mark the runs, that is much easier to find.

http://www.avoriaz.com/ski-holidays/snowsports/pistes-map.php
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
what...snow wrote:
This is one of the best PDS piste maps I've found. Avoriaz pass presumably covers the 'purple' area. The only thing about it is it doesn't tell you the lift direction - the massive PDS one does - but doesn't mark the runs, that is much easier to find.

http://www.avoriaz.com/ski-holidays/snowsports/pistes-map.php

I agree...that map seems to explain the Avoriaz pass (I know there is also an individual Morzine one, which must be the orange zone)

Now all I need to find out is what the devil this cheap Snowboard pass is all about!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK... having scoured (literally) the Avoriaz website I accidentally stumbled across the following info:

The snowboard pass is valid on : Prodains cable car, Stade chairlift, Surf draglift , Arare draglift, Lac Intrêts chairlift, Tour chairlift, Snowpark draglift, la Chapelle draglift, draglift des écoles, Trashers draglift.

Cross-referencing with the map, that looks like a decent area for a beginner like me, so I will probably go for that. (seem to have answered my own question a bit!!)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy