Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tour Operators

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to wait and book catered chalet via TO later in the season. Does anyone have any comments about the various TOs out there - good or bad? (I'm sorry if this has been covered before but couldn't find it on search)

For what it's worth I have been with Silver Ski three times and they have been great each time. Two of the chalets were adequate, one was great but a bit of a walk from the lift. The chalet hosts have been great each time and the ski hosting has been a highlight. If you can cope with a stupidly early flight outbound then you get an extra 1/2 day's skiing too. Went with Findlay's once - no ski hosting and the young chalet staff were nice enough but so inarticulate as to not be able to give coherent instructions on which pistes to use to get to a particular area, sadly they were just there to cook and clean. The resort rep spent her time explaining to the other guests why it was her fault that the ski instructor she had directed them to had stayed in the cafe at lunch rather than come and teach them.

I would very much like to have an idea of what they are like when I'm offered a variety of last minute deals.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Silver Ski Cool

Ski Olympic
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Everyone seems to slate the mighty TUI, but I've never had any complaints about Crystal. They even secured me an additional room this season as they already had full allocation in the hotel I wanted. The reps can be a bit of a mixed bag, from brilliant to amusing but clueless. Plus you have the security of booking with a large organisation that's less likely to go bust...

They also seem to have a larger selection of single rooms and flights from other parts of the country than bloody Gatwick...

I've also been with Neilsons once, again no complaints, Snowcoach (OK) and VIP (luxury catered chalet in VDI, I was feeling especially flush that season!)...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Re: Crystal Reps - the spectrum I have experienced is amusing but clueless to not very amusing but clueless - their general organisation is a decent though
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
foggy,

Silver Ski Very Happy
Ski Beat Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Crystal Crying or Very sad
Ski Total Very Happy

snowheads that are also catered chalets are listed here: (oops can't find it) from memory, sorry to those I have missed.
ski famille
CGski
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the airtours/pamorama lot will be getting new jackets this year as pamorama has vanished, airtour brochure is quite small but linked to the larger Nielson one
i am looking for week up to easter 2010 and some very good prices in both
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
foggy, If it is a chalet you want we have used independent recently so we could use Easyjet from the local airport, and have a bit of flex about the change over day
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

If it is a chalet you want we have used independent recently so we could use Easyjet from the local airport, and have a bit of flex about the change over day

I have done independent twice. One experience fine but in a tiny s/c apartment. The second time transfers were a nightmare both ways. Too long a story to bore you with but getting 11 from St Martin de Belleville to Moutiers railway at zero notice at 9 at night when original taxi did not arrive ways enough to put me off for a while. I wants someone in a flashy ski jacket holding a clipboard to push me onto a coach both coming and going.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
foggy, that's pretty much why I stick with TOs. Plus since I travel alone a package holiday often works out cheaper...

Haven't really had any bad experiences. The worst was when my proposed flight from Birmingham was cancelled two weeks before departure and the only other available was Gatwick (180 miles away!). However I was compensated with £50 and free airport parking at Gatwick so could have been worse...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We always do independent ski trips in Europe, because it's cheaper, especially (but not only) at half term. It also avoids the dreaded (by me) TO transfer.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have used Neilson 4 times and Thomson once. All fine - flights/transfers/information - all fine. We like the security - having kids and usually needing to be going and coming back on time I can't gamble having to rearrange private transfers/flights if any hiccups/delays.

Reps - Neilson - knowledgeable, polite, professional and helpful - ski leading once a bit wayward but only the 2nd week of season so forgiven.
Thomson - also fine - definitely 'less' professional although still fine - and their ski leading was done by the Crystal reps who were excellent in their knowledge of mountain.

Have also always prebooked lift passes, equipment hire and for us the convenience of having passes given to us night before and vouchers to wave at ski hire shop/ski school so 'easy' - never had any hiccups with these.

Have a soft spot for Neilson who persuaded me to book a ski hol - had phoned asking for advice about going on a snowy non skiiing hol and sales guy he asked me why we didnt want to ski - he did a good job convincing me I'd be mad not to try and he was right - I could sense his passion - I like the idea their sales reps are skiiers ( as opposed to high street travel agent who knew nothing).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
drkpower wrote:
Re: Crystal Reps - the spectrum I have experienced is amusing but clueless to not very amusing but clueless - their general organisation is a decent though

seconded - transfers are a nightmare with them too. But good value and the cooking by numbers has always been fine.

First Choice have been good in the past, ditto neilson. Yse in valD are fab.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
foggy, For a chalet holiday, I have only used Skiworld - and that was 11 years ago, for my first trip. I thought I had good service from the rep, and from the chalet host, in a very pleasant chalet.

All my recent trips have been with TUI group, and the only complaint I have had was the quality of the food in one hotel in the Dolomites. Even that was acceptable, but only just, and not everyone fond it so. But those have all been half board hotels, rather than chalets.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy