Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Apres Ski - is it up to much?

Poster: A snowHead
Is it any good - would be staying in Aime 2000 in the first week of April?

cheers

Nick
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Best bet would be Scotty's Bar underneath the Cristina in Plagne Centre, and the Luna Bar in Plagne Centre. You can then just jump the cable car back to Aime 2000 which runs til about midnight or so.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nick0861, Have only been to Belle Plagne - a few years ago. Have to say the apres was crap - but then again I am used to St Anton, so a bit like comparing a Ferrari to a Vespa
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
not expecting a huge amount as will only be there for three nights but would like the choice of a few bars if possible

is it pricey?

out of interest if you miss the telecabin back to Aime are you screwed?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nick0861, I am told (being old, I dont know!) that Le Mine in 1800 is the best nightclub/late bar in Plagne, I guess you can get the bus back to Centre and then the telecabine back up to Aime2k.
If the telecabine is shut it's a nice long walk up the road!
Is it pricey? It's a ski resort! but it's not Courchevel or Val d Isere Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
so comparable to somewhere like Val Thorens for price?

forgive my ignorance but is a walk back to aime not an option? are there taxis or buses?

cheers
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no buses - theres a telecabine til 11 (could be later) after that you walk!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I stayed in Plagne 1800. No après as such, just a few restaurants. Quite dull if you're looking for nightlife...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

no buses - theres a telecabine til 11 (could be later) after that you walk!

is it realistically walkable or would me and my mates end up forming new frozen speed bumps on the road back?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nick0861, I'm fairly sure I've walked it a few times. IIRC tho, if you stay in the Luna til gone 1am, u get a free lift/taxi back.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nick0861, that'll be a No then...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
IIRC?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nightlife? Whats that? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charlatanefc, indeed you do - or if you're in 1800 you wip your bin bag out of your back pocket, place yourself in it and sled home!

Planja was my favourite in Plagne Centre, La Mine in 1800 (obviously as a) i lived there and b) tis the only real bar) Saloon in Belle Plagne was a good laugh - again free taxi, Monica's in Soleil was nice when there was a good crowd of you in.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nick0861, If I Remember Correctly.

Nadenoodlee, scotties is the place to be now, live bands straight off the slopes etc.. Apparently the Dutch bloke from Planja has been whinging as all the seasonaires have been using Scotties as well.
ski holidays
thanks all

i assume the beer is pretty pricey?
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, think it was called Soleil when I was there (one under the Christiana?) used to do good DJ nights and seasonaire rates too - oooh and sky sports! Ahh Soccer Am when everyone else was doing changeover- BRILLIANT!
snow report
Nadenoodlee, yup, when the Cristina was rebuilt 2 years ago, Mark Warner bought the Soleil to turn it into a bar underneath. My pal is managing the place again this year (altho missing a month or so to go and get married in Australia).

nick0861, few years since I've been, but it's France, so yes. Last time I went there 4 years ago, was anything upto 7 Euro's a pint. Best value places as I say, both Scotties and Luna have a happy hour, Luna was 5-7 I think, and was either 3.50 a pint or two for one from what I can remember.
latest report
€15 for a nip of Brandy on some 3 star hotel a few years back in Belle Plagne x 4 Embarassed And I had asked for catre kir royal sil vous plais Embarassed Embarassed Think thats why I stick to Austria as my German in fairly decent
latest report
will be diligently hunting out the happy hours then!!!
latest report
La Plagne's not exactly the wildest place for going out, but like a couple of people have said - Scotty's and the Luna Bar are good laugh...as is Arnie's Bar, which is quite entertaining (if you fancy a being a bit dutch for the evening!).

Have fun!! Laughing
latest report
wns198 wrote:
La Plagne's not exactly the wildest place for going out, but like a couple of people have said - Scotty's and the Luna Bar are good laugh...as is Arnie's Bar, which is quite entertaining (if you fancy a being a bit dutch for the evening!).

Have fun!! Laughing

for sure
snow conditions
bump
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy