Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

which oakley goggle model best fit a helmet?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guy's, i've been looking at getting some oakleys as i currently have a smith venue helmet with smith fuse goggles, however it seems smith lenses are very very hard to come by in the UK! Th smith goggles fit fantastically with the helmet funnily enough! However i don't want to buy a set of oakleys to find out they aren't a very good fit.
I have my eye on a nice set of crowbars, they used to fit my mx helmets nicely but i'm unsure about snow helmets.

Any help or experiences appreciated. cheers-Hugh
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I found that the A frames fit my Giro lid very well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hugh_b, really depends on your helmet. Take your helmet into a store that sells the goggles and check? My O-Frames fitted my Carrera Carbon helmet.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with above comment about it being horses for courses and depending on the helmet.

My other half tried on many different goggles and found that the Oakley A frame were an absolutely perfect match to the helmet, but a slightly different helmet might fit different goggles.

I have the same helmet with some Spy Zed goggles - again a perfect match. They weren't actually the goggles i wanted, but they were far and away the best fit!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ok guy's thanks, well as my smiths fit the helmet so well i may as well find a reputable company selling smith lenses abroad!

thanks again-Hugh
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hugh_b, why not just find out who imports Smith to the UK and fire them off an email.. I am sure google would be fruitful.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oakley Crowbar googles fit well with a helmet. I've also used Wisdom's which didn't fit well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I second BrightonSki's comment. I bought Wisdoms online and they defo don't fit with my helmet (really, really should have checked first). They're quite large so imagine they'd only fit with a very high cut lid.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hugh_b, More important which Googles fit your face.

Wisdoms, A frames and O Frames have the same technology but are designed for diffrent shaped faces. I would bring the helmet in store and check they fit the lid and your face
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
you can order smith lenses from www.eyeshop.com

i would find oakleys a bit of a disappointment having got used to smiths
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think saying something doesn't fit with 'a' helmet is pretty useless, I have a Giro Fuse and Wisdoms and Crowbars fit great. This has just been replaced by a Sweet Trooper Halfcut and the Crowbars fit well; the Wisdoms not so much.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think saying something doesn't fit with 'a' helmet is pretty useless, I have a Giro Fuse and Wisdoms and Crowbars fit great. This has just been replaced by a Sweet Trooper Halfcut and the Crowbars fit well; the Wisdoms not so much.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You can by a helmet specific headstrap for the wisdoms. I've got one and it helps loads.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A frame with my Giro G-10 (Med) work a treat
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well i know crowbars fit my face well as i used to use them for motocross, i have tried a-frames and they fit my face well.

I have just contacted the uk importer of smith which is on the smith optics website. It may be a while before i can get lenses as they have only just taken over the distribution rights and they don't currently have any stock although they said they will try and find a shop with some lenses in stock!

I think i'll be sticking with the smiths, lets hope i can get lenses before the 24th!
latest report
Hey!!
IM IN DESPERATE search of the OAKLEY WISDOM HELMET STRAP if anyone has one or an old one I am willing to buy it off them! I just cant really afford to buy new googles and i need them to fit my helmet! THANK-YOU
snow conditions
Easy enough to get Smith lenses on ebay!
ski holidays
hugh_b, Different Oakleys are designed for different face shapes! So A frames are slightly smaller than Crowbars and so on.

Take the helmet to a shop and try
latest report
Fattes13 wrote:
hugh_b, Take the helmet to a shop and try

A quick check of the posting dates suggests your advice might be a little too late wink
ski holidays
You can buy Smith lenses on Amazon; I ordered two last week and they arrived in 3 or 4 days.
snow report
My Oakley high yellow crowbars face foam and upper vent foam has fallen to bits. I was having to clean the lens with the moisture getting in so damaged the lens coating as well which was bloody annoying.
The upper vent foam on crowbars is very thin and not durable during lots of tree riding with ice buildup although other riding would be fine.
I found this in my use but I have no trouble so far with my splices or dragon dx but use them far less in dec/jan .
We have been in trees 3 weeks now this season with fantastic powder and they have done about 5 months riding over the seasons so I am looking for a good low light powder goggle/lens .
One very good characteristic with oaklys is the larger frames fend of sticks and branches very well where the smaller dragon dx does not protrude so much as I don't wear a helmet.
I think this is what ripped the upper vent foam as it was covered in ice that caught on branches/stick and then ripped the vent foam and lead to screwing up the lens.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy