Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accept Ryanair Flight Time Change - or chance for money back?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Ryanair have changed our flight by an hour but keep sending me mails to accept the change. In the terms and conditions, only flight reschedules of 3 hours or more will get a reimbursement. So why do they want me to accept? I'm told to ring the customer services with queries but I'm hoping a snowhead might have the answer to spare me the call centre runaround.

The reason this has any significance is that we have a monster 17 day DIY trip to the Dolomites and Romania booked since last June (flights and deposit for accomodation - approx €700 paid). We have the money saved to pay for the whole trip but MrRibena was made redundant straight after Christmas and my job is a little shakey too. So I'm looking for a 'sign' that might help me to decide whether to be sensible and hang onto the rest of my money or go for one last hoorah! (We have no kids and mortgage is down at a very manageable level - in case you think I'm completely off my trolley! Smile)

Rebecca
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MissRibena, You should go for it, in the same boat contract ended before Christmas, had paid for our trip to Radstadt and Hinterglemm next week, so we are going.

Reminds me of the times when people used to save for things Shocked

The funny part about savings is the government will make you spend them first, but if you have spent them on what you wanted then tough.

Enjoy now, let tomorrow never come........................
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MissRibena, There would be little to no chance of getting a refund for a change of only an hour in flight time.

But even if there was, I would still say go for the trip. At a time like this, you need something positive, and it doesn't come much more positive than a good ski trip Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The e-mail acceptance requests are automatically generated- and you won't get refunded if you don't accept but your confirmation number may disappear if you don't.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone - I'll confirm it.

As of today, we are going for it. But we keep changing our minds. I wish I was less sensible sometimes!! Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MissRibena, you will enjoy it, and look back and think 'glad we went'
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Interesting. Does anyone know what happens if you don't accept the flight change ie don't respond to their email request ?

I have something similar - the change actually suits me, & I want to go at the new changed time, but previously with a BA long haul flight, I had a similar request from BA to accept a schedule change, & because I never accepted the change, I was able to get a full refund when we wanted to pull out of the trip at a couple of days notice before the flight date for personal reasons.

Isn't do nothing the best approach if you still (currently) want to go ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think the amount of change to schedule may be key. There is some guidance somewhere that used to apply when we were part of the EU (3 hours springs to mind but may be wrong someone on here will know), so I`m not sure how we stand on that now.

Last May BA changed the days of my flights and wanted me to confirm, but when I got through to customer services it became apparent they would hold my places on the 'new' flights for me without confirmation, right till take off with the opportunity for a full refund up to, and beyond the date if I chose not to take the flights. As it worked out 2 of the 3 of us took the 'new' times and 1 did not and got a full refund. In that particular case not confirming kept maximum flexibility. But that was BA not RA and the change was demonstrably outside of the acceptable guidelines.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@banchang, @CaravanSkier, after nearly 13 years, i suspect that either the change was accepted, or the flights cancelled. Either way, what applied then may well not apply now Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MissRibena wrote:

I wish I was less sensible sometimes!!

Plenty of time to be sensible later in life when you can't be anything other than sensible.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy