Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile to Cormayeur

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off for a week in La Thuile soon, but we're planning to ski a day at Cormayeur. Does anyone know where to get off the ski bus for the main lift? I know there's a fairly obvious bus station, but does the bus go any nearer than that?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I do't think the La Thuile bus goes to the main lift station in town, but I'm not 100% sure - I took it from Courmayeur to La Thuile, where it dropped us right outside the lifts! It *may* call in at the smaller lifts at Dolonne (unlikely) or Val Veny (very slightly more likely). The main lift station in town is about 10 minutes walk. The free bus to Dolonne also leaves you with a fairly stiff walk. Never got the bus to Val Veny
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm doing the reverse. Staying in Courmayeur and hoping to do a day each in La Thuile and Pila. As far as I can see there are three main lifts in Courmayeur, surely the bus stops at one of them...? If not, the website mentions a bus that runs between all three lift stations (Courmayeur, Dolonne & Val Veny)...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
queen bodecia, as I said I stayed in Courmayeur and to my knowledge the bus didn;t go to the main lift staiton - we asked where to catch it and were told to get it outside the main tourist information office in the town centre.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. I think I can get dropped off in the town centre by the hotel minibus so shouldn't be a problem...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Which hotel are you in? they'll all drop you off where you need to go though
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Astoria, it's way out of town in La Palud near the Punta Helbronner cable car, but apparently the hotel minibus service is very good (so I'm told)...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I stayed up in La palud when I did a weekend in Coumayeur years ago. Val Veny is just about walking distance in ski boots, but a lift in the mini bus will be far easier Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy