Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas / New Year break 2009/10.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all

I am looking for info on a Christmas/New year break 2009/10. I am looking for info mainly on the US or Canada as the group of 6 or so may contain 1 or 2 non skiing members of family, (with no language skills).

Can anyone help with companies / tour ops that do catered / half board deals.

Alternatively is it as easy to sort out independent travel for US/Canada trips, as some of the family have suggested a couple of days city break to get some shopping in

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 11-01-09 17:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
njm, welcome to snowheads. You can edit the title of your post by clicking on the scissors to the right of your post.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
njm wrote:

Alternatively is it as easy to sort out independent travel for US/Canada trips, as some of the family have suggested a couple of days city break to get some shopping in

For packages all the usual suspects will have something but it is a doddle to sort yourself out independently. Remember to haggle over room/appartment/condo rates if you're there for an extended stay as most US folks do 2-3 night breaks.

Shoot any party memebers who'd rather be shopping than skiing wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I am looking for info mainly on the US or Canada as the group of 6 or so may contain 1 or 2 non skiing members of family, (with no language skills).

njm, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead There are loads of really nice places in Europe for non-skiers with no language skills, you know! Fortunately much of Europe is full of people with excellent language skills. wink

The only family I met who had been to Whistler with a non-skiing mother said it was a total disaster. They'd been twice. The first time it rained the whole time in the resort, so they thought it couldn't possibly happen again...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello,

I am organising a trip to USA, Sunday River in New England for Jan 2010. We are a group of mixed abiltiy skiers. One couple who ski greens and blues, one new to skiing couple, and then at the moment 3 singles varying from novice to intermed and one really good skier. We do not have exact prices yet but a ball park figure of about £950 for direct return flights, London to Boston. Transfer to resort, staying poss at the Grand Jordan hotel, breakfast and dinner inc. also 2hrs lesson per day for 6 days. Poss some ski hire inc. We would be looking to ski for 10 or 12 days so the trip would be 12 or 14 days in total. Little Angel I will be getting a better idea of costs by March..ish.
The resort has 8 mountains and excellent runs, also brill snow cannon coverage. They get good snow here, friends have been before. We normally ski west Canada but are gonna try this one. PM me for more info. Anyway if this is not for you, I hope you find a really good holiday. I would now always go to USA or Canada, better snow than Europe, no language barriers, free snow guides, min or no waiting at lifts. Wide open pistes, good off piste and back country, numerous activities for non skiers. Lift passes just so much cheaper than Europe. Don't get me wrong, Europe is closer but if you spend the extra days this is just so good.

Take care, good luck. from Happy Skier. Shock
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy