Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Schools in Zell am See.....Any recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a beginner and will be spending 3 months in Zell. Could anyone point in the direction of a good ski school. I was thinking about group tuition for the first and then private for week 2 and 3. Thoughts????
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've used a couple of ski schools in Zell. The biggest one is Ski & Snowboardschule Zell am See, who operate out of 3 bases.....Schuttdorf, City Xpress and Schmittenhoe. They have a couple of English instructors that I know of who are both very good (Anthony and Nicola) and may be worth requesting for private lessons. The other ski school I've used is the Bruck ski school who meet at the Alpin Express. They are a smaller school - had an excellent instructor called Andy, but i think he only works the occasional week as he has a full time job outside of skiing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elizabeth B, ....that was a rapid response....a big thank you.

Any ideas on how much it would cost for private tuition?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.ski-zellamsee.at/en/privatetuition.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are just back from Zell and we had a private instructor through the ski and snowboard school Zell am See ..we were not pleased with our instructor but that 's the luck of the draw and we should have requested a change.. but I also noticed some very nice english speaking instructors who were from a smaller school called OUT DO (one nice lady helped me after a fall), I am certainly going to look them up when I go next time. www.outdo.at .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We also used the main Zell Am See ski school, and had a great instructor who may be worth requesting if you want private lessons. He has written a book which the ski school bought a couple of thousand copies of, so I presume they must like him! I'll talk to you about him when you arrive...

D
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's funny now Deliaskis . ! because our instructor actually wrote a book too ! I wonder was it the same guy !?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Deliaskis, Hi D, hows the snow??

London2008, I've have been watching this as I'm thinking of using someone other than the SkiSchule ZamS. Not because I have been unhappy with them but just to try someone else?

I've had great instruction from Hippolyt, Kari, Francis the Aussie Austrian and from Jackie (who is English) over the years and if I thought I could guarantee one of them for private instruction it would be a no brainer, unfortunately for me they almost always get groups.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for those contacts Robboj .I will keep those in mind because we hope to go again the end of Feb.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Robboj Just back from Zellamsee, and although I was going to try a different ski school , I took your advice and requested private tuition from any of the instructors you mentioned, we ended up with Karen, she was absolutely FABULOUS ..thank you so much for that list , Karen could not come with us on the last day so the school gave us Jackie,she was also super, it was really great to have a few names ! and the school were well impressed!...We had fantastic snow altogether and a great week skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy