Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying a new board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi- this is my first post on Snowheads. I am looking to buy a snowboard for all mountain use. I think I am a fairly competant boarder and I am 6 foot 1 and have size ten feet.I am particularly impressed by the Burton Custom because of its allround capabilities but there are many different variations of it- such ICS etc. I just would like to know what the different models do differently to each other. Also if anyone has another board to suggest that would be good. Also when do end of season sales start because i would like to have it for a ski trip at the end of March? Any ideas about good places, is E-Bay good. Look forward to your views
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
all the customs are the same, carbon stringers etc. The ICS comes into play with EST bindings. At 1st when I was testing I thought it was nonsense but it does seem to make a difference to the feel of the board. The custom wide isnt a full wide, more a mid wide.
The custom X is more a big boys custom (stiffer), I havent tried one but it must be better than the normal custom (which I dont like that much, bit too soft for me).
If you go ICS then you have to have burton bindings (non EST works fine).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Burton Custom is a good choice

I would probably take a look at Option too, probably their Signature model
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy