Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

XL clothing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys,

I'm going snowboarding in Andorra soon and I need to get some ski/boarding trousers. I'm a big guy (need a minimum of 48" waist). Can you recommend any good uk stores/sites?

Lastly sunglasses or goggles?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TK Maxx.

Goggles.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mrroasty, you will really have a difficult time finding ski trousers with a 48" waist I have some from Columbia that I could just squeeze into when I went up to 48" but they're a lot more comfortable now I'm down to a 40" waist, for some strange reason skiwear manufacturers seem to think that anyone who does snowsports is going to be fit and slim, best bet for you is probably to try somewhere like Snow and Rock or another stockist with a big range as in generall the larger the range of skiwear stocked the easier it should be to find something at the top end (size wise) of teh manufacturers range.

Note that even if you can get into some ski/board trousers check how the fasten at the waist and if it's a popper add a hook and eye to prevent unfortunate incidents on the slopes, poppers do not hold very well under load.

Sunglasses are for sun, Goggles for bad light/snow get a pair of each and make sure the goggles have a yellow/orange or possibly red tint to the lens as this gives better contrast in poor lighting, with sunglasses get fairly large lenses to stop light bouncing up under the lenses into your eyes.

Lastly get some high value sun cream (minimum of Factor 30) and use it, High altitude + Sun + Snow = Bad sunburn
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mrroasty, Try TK Maxx first, they often have the sizes nobody else wants, e.g., XS and XXL! Failing that I'm with D G Orf, Columbia seem to have the best big-boy/girl range, so find a stockist and order in. Another great thing about Columbia is that they're relatively cheap compared to other brand names.

Snowboard trousers seem to be a little more generously cut (this is because they are designed to be worn hanging off your back bottom rolling eyes ) and allow for a belt so that hopefully your dignity can remain at least a little intact.

Good luck shopping!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure what the men's range is like in Decathlon but the women's range goes up to XXL and the sizes are quite generous. I'm normally a 14 (the larger side of average) and I can get just about get into a medium at Decathlon...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
queen bodecia, Decathlon ladies go up to a 52 I noticed the other week, so that's a 24 (?), so yes, that's a great idea as they probably do larger menswear too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or you could try and order something like this ?

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/380,1312Y_Columbia-Sportswear-Nail-Gun-Pants-Waterproof-For-Men.html

I have ordered from sierra trading before and its very fast delivery 2-3 days you will have to pay import and VAT but I am always getting sent 20% off emails from Sierra so could probably give you a voucher code if that helps ?

mrroasty, If there is a columbia factory outlet near you that could be even better I work with a guy who is huge not sure what size but over 40" and he is about 6ft 4 and he just got a few pairs for £10 (they are white though !)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mrroasty, if you have length as well as girth problems http://www.walktall.co.uk sell a limited range of Columbia gear in the larger sizes, extra long version.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mrroasty, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Like it's been said TK Maxx is a good starting point. Most UK importers will stop at Mens XL which is a 38"-40" waist. For larger sizes, they are made, but tend to be for the US market only. Good luck.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Best value ski gear for the more cuddly type of skier, that I have found, is White Rock. I know because I am one (a cuddly skier I mean)!
They go up to 8XL in some cases and provide a good balance of performance (waterproof to 8000mm, breathable to 8000gm/24/mg) and cost.
Cant recommend them highly enough.

Take a look of a few examples:

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog/White_Rock_Storm_Mens_Ski_Pants.html

http://www.loveandpiste.co.uk/products/white_rock_snowfit_leg-SPESNWF.php

Having Googled White Rock it looks as if their stuff might be available direct as well

http://www.whiterock-direct.co.uk/

Beans of Biscester have a Cuddly range also

http://www.beansonline.co.uk/

BTW I dont have any financial interest in White Rock, I was just pleased I came across them a few years ago when I was struggling to find decent gear in proper mans sizes!

Good Luck

Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Guys thanks for all the quick help I really appreciate it. I ordered from Outdoormegastore who had a great range! I'm now looking forward to my camo clothing arriving soon!

I go on the 18th so will post pics when I get back Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowheads: dispelling the myth that lady skiiers are 5'2" and 8 stone and male skiiers are 5'10" and 11 stone! Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy