Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone skied Fischer Progressor 7's ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone skied the Prgressor 7s ?

How do they compare to RX8s ?

Ellis Brigham say they are for strong 2 week a year skiers and for Red and Black run skiers yet Realskiers.com says don't bother with them, nobody should be on them and buy the 8s.

This is confusing ?

My 165cms RX8s were probably a bit too much for me, they were too short anyway but I'm thinking of trying the Progressor 7s in a 170.

Can anyone help ?

Mike
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
micky, only in a dome. Not as stiff/lively/rebound/turny as RX8. I'd've thought if the RX8 were too much in 165cm you'd get on with 160cm better - they're more of a handful the longer they get - most skis are. The Prog7 are soft and forgiving. A bit too much so. Dunno your vitals or your skiing but maybe the Prog8 might suit better?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
micky, I've skied the Progressor 7s and 8s back to back when I demo'd them from EB at the Snowdome a few weeks back. I've not skied the RX8s before so I can't tell you how they would compare, but a few observations on my part

Firstly, IMO both the 7s and 8s are very good skis. I'm a short ar$e so the 165s were probably a little long, but as per the advice from Spyderjon et al, I got EB to push the Railflex bindings to the forward (+1.5cm) position which would have made them 'hook up' a little better. The 7s were certainly more forgiving as slikedges, said. You could take it easy if you wished, but then push them without too much effort and they would perform. The 8s I felt had to be pushed all of the time to see all of their potential. A bit tricky to do this inside, but I managed a couple of runs when there weren't so many people on the slope and I got to feel how good they could be. At low speeds the 8s felt more unwieldy and almost heavier than the 7s (although when I checked the Tech Specs they weighed the same........perhaps I was just getting tired)

In the end I plumped for the 7s at 160cm as they suited better my style of skiing, were more enjoyable, you didn't need to be 'on top of them' all the time and could take it easy if you wished (and if price is an issue, some £100 less than the 8s). I had a chance to chat with Spyderjon at the NEC show and told him of my thoughts. He suggested that possibly I needed to be more agressive (and perhaps even a little heavier - I'm 70kg ish) to get the best out of the 8s

As an owner of RX8s you may find the 8s more akin to what you are used to, but why not like me give them (and the 7s) a demo.

PS I know that Sport Conrad can offer the 7s at a good price at the mo - http://www.sport-conrad.com/index.asp?disp=artikel&art_nr=70404004. No 8s though, but if you really want to push the boat out there's always the 9s Shocked - http://www.sport-conrad.com/index.asp?disp=artikel&art_nr=70404003
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. I'm veering towards the 7s. My 165 RX8's were great down icy reds or blacks when I was going for it but when I was just pootling around I would often catch edges. If I went fast in a straight line the fronts would chatter, as soon as I tried other skis in 170 I wouldn't get any chatter. Unfortunately I couldn't find RX8s to rent in a 170 anywhere in LDA or Courh1650.

I think i will trust EllisBrigham that they are ok for reds and blacks, I can't see why they wouldn't be. I am hoping that Fischer made the Progressor 8 a similar level to the RX8.

This all presumes that I can find them at the right price - I'm hoping to get them cheaper than the SportConrad price.

Mike
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
micky wrote:
This all presumes that I can find them at the right price - I'm hoping to get them cheaper than the SportConrad price.

Mike

If my memory is correct, the 7s were £365 in EB (may have come down a little with the VAT reduction), compared to 299 euro at SportConrad. The small increase in the £/euro exchange should mean that you can get them under £300 (delivered) from our German friends I would guess
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
as there's a credit crunch on my budget is £200. Might have to work hard achieve it.

Mike
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
micky wrote:
as there's a credit crunch on my budget is £200. Might have to work hard achieve it.

Mike

Good luck with your search. I thought I'd got a deal when I got mine 20% under the UK price!!! wink Possibly at the end of the season you may be able to get a deal on some ex-demo or rentals......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy