Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just out of interest ........

Poster: A snowHead
rayscoops, When you get of the lifts your front foot is already in with a bit of practice you can pop your back fooot in quickly strap up when your moving,
so then you get max use of your lift pass and max response from proper bindings wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
romeowner, yes I know and that is the same with Flows too, but what are all us boarders doing sitting down on our @rse then at lifts strapping up if it so easy Little Angel ? I am just trying to find out of all those who say 'do not use them', who (if any) have actually tried the new ones that can be put on in exactly the same as straps? not a lot it seems Laughing I am off boarding to Innsbruck tomorrow and I will carry out a check wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rayscoops, jammy ! have fun snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, do you mean these: http://www.flow.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86&Itemid=80

They have the slimmer joining area through the middle of the power strap (above the top of your foot) but why use them like regular strappies when you have the retractable highback?

Rarely, unless it's on a really steep slope, do i have to sit down when using my Elevens - just flip the back down, slide the foot in and then do the same with the other.

Remind me, why am I moving to strappies again? Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spesh - pow and steeps maybe?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
romeowner wrote:
rayscoops, When you get of the lifts your front foot is already in with a bit of practice you can pop your back fooot in quickly strap up when your moving,
so then you get max use of your lift pass and max response from proper bindings wink

Hmm, I know this will just fan the flames but that's what I do with my strap bindings too, unless it's very steep indeed, at which point flow users will. E on their knees to clip in too. It seriously is down to practice and familiarity with your gear. As for why would I get new flows which you can strap on just like strap bindings, well they still have the cable attached which compromises the stiffness of the highback. When I say stiffness I'm not talking a about the 'grab it and try to twist it' stiffness, but the solidness of it to push you calves back against. This and lack of easy adjustability of highback angle means that however close to standard bindings they try to make them there's still the compromise that the quick release system imposes. Remember theres no such thing as a free lunch!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rayscoops, yes, tht's it. Smile Pow..... (makes Homer-style salivating gesture) Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It amazes me all these people who claim they do their straps up while on the move - I've never ever seen anyone do that in all the years I've been on the mountain. With Flows yes; with straps no. Next time you do it, get a mate to film it and post the evidence. And I mean properly on the move, straight off the chairlift. Gauntlet thrown down. I'm waiting..... Razz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've done it whilst moving on the small gradient & the same with removing them, not that difficult Puzzled
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
meadwak, big fat hairy ones mister ! I believe there were more occasions when I was waiting for you than the other way round wink

Still love ya, just hate the flows Laughing

hmm, either your just plain mistaken, or i was maybe just having a faff (I've been known to on occassion). However the faff had nothing to do with the flows... Toofy Grin I just get bored waiting so much for everone..

rayscoops wrote:
DebbiDoesSnow, get some Flows and maximise the use of your ski pass, you spend long enough on your @rse without having to spend ages putting your board on

I can confirm first hand she does spend an amazing amount of time on her backside on the piste. she must just like the feeling of snow on @rse...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I've done it whilst moving on the small gradient & the same with removing them, not that difficult

Let's see it then!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I just can't believe this thread has gone to three pages!! Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I found a use for flows Shocked
Got stuck yesterday on an off piste toe edge traverse, had to unclip the rear foot to move up the hill a bit then try to refasten the straps standing up on the toe edge, facing the hill. No chance to turn around and heel edge it. Anyone ever tried standing on the toe edge, in scratched out powder that just holds you without sliding off and redoing a binding? Wasnt easy I know.
snow report
the ice perv, why would you film such inaneness ? it can be done.

stab, will we be seeing you in tomorrows Daily Mail wink
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
stab, will we be seeing you in tomorrows Daily Mail wink

only if they do a report on europes shallowest, scratched out off piste. Even the dangerous parts are not really moving around here. A few wind slab things go off now and again but I wasnt there and you cant prove nothing, especially in the wildlife reserves.
ski holidays
the ice perv wrote:
Quote:

I've done it whilst moving on the small gradient & the same with removing them, not that difficult

Let's see it then!

I have hours and hours of footage from last week. I will diligently go through it all and try and find something... Happy
...well maybe... Cool
ski holidays
Quote:

why would you film such inaneness ? it can be done

It is quite simple - I've never seen it done, and I don't believe there are hundreds of strap-wearers out there doing it, thereby negating one of the main pros of Flows......

.....so prove me wrong and shut me up! I demand proof! wink
snow conditions
the ice perv, LOL you just want to see me stack it, which always happens when a camera is nearby... i assure you there are plenty of strap wearers out there that are capable of doing their straps up whilst in motion !
snow report
I've changed my opinion on strapping in: just don't unstrap. Much faster.
snow report
Well I kept an eye on other boarders and in all locations except where it is completely flat everyone sat down to put on their boards, but Kuhtai was so quite (even on Sat) that there were not many to see, so here are a few pics instead Very Happy (I had to use thumbnails because the images have been massively compressed and are blurred if I make them bigger ) Note the rush hour gondola queue and the complete lack of sliders Very Happy

snow conditions
I can't belive I'm responding to this after watching it drag on and on for weeks and weeks but...I have only used flow bindings years ago on hire boards so my inital comments on the 'original' flow thread can be taken with a pinch of salt. However both strap and flow bindings can be done up on the move, on a poma or on a chairlift (I'm not posting pics, if you don't want to belive me don't) but if unless your boarding on your own (you loner!) why worry about it cause your gonna have to wait for your mate who cocks it up and falls on his ar*e anyway!

Ride what you want, but I put Flows in the same class as the spaccy kid who could'nt tie his laces so had velcro straps till he was at senior school! wink
latest report
rayscoops wrote:
Specialman, in my second season I took a tumble on a steep icy piste and was sliding head first on my back, and the force of my high back on the ice actually popped the clasp open, and as I spun around a bit I felt my foot slipping out of the binding - quite dangerous really !! but i think i must have not closed the high back clasp properly iin the first place as this has neer happened before or after, I do check that the high backs are safely clipped in quite often now after most stops, just in case wink

This happened to me as well....On my back, head first down the hill and both my bindings come off Shocked My slide down was actually more of a tumble and mid-tumble, with the board now loose, the board slammed into both my shins. Needless to say, the shins were badly cut and that was the end of my snowboarding that year Sad

No more flows for me after that.

Glad to hear that something similar happened to someone else. Nobody else I talked to about it had heard of the bindings come off like that.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy